Amir Khan vs Zab Judah Light Welterweight World Championship Unification Official Onsite Programme

Amir Khan vs Zab Judah Light Welterweight World Championship Unification Official Onsite Programme

Amir "King" Khan vs Zab "Super" Judah light welterweight World championship unification official on-site 18 page programme billed, Attack & Conquer, 23rd July 2011, Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas.

Condition mint

Khan W KO 5
Amir Khan put on a boxing masterclass to knock out Zab Judah in five rounds in their light-welterweight unification fight in Las Vegas. The 24-year-old Khan, defending his WBA belt, was expected to be stretched by veteran IBF champion Judah. Khan dominated from the opening bell, forcing the fight and landing at will with his jab.

The end came when Khan landed with a crunching right hand to the body and Judah was unable to make the count. The punch looked borderline low, but replays showed it landed on Judah's belt line and was not a foul blow. "It was nowhere near below the belt, it was a great shot. Zab's a great fighter. I respect him a lot." Judah did not agree with his rival's assessment, claiming: "Everyone in world who saw the fight will see that's a low blow. I thought he (the referee) was giving me time to get up. "He then said 'over'. I thought he was giving me a standing eight-count. I didn't understand that."

The one-sided nature of Khan's fifth successful defence of the title he won in 2009 will have surprised many as Judah had fought some of the biggest names of the modern era. Judah, a five-time champion, had been in with Kostya Tszyu, Floyd Mayweather and Miguel Cotto in a professional career spanning 49 fights and 15 years but rarely had he been on the receiving end of such a one-sided beating.

Southpaw Judah did land with one flashing right hook in the first round but this immediately led to a clash of heads and the home fighter did not look comfortable thereafter. Judah's trainer, former four-weight world champion Pernell Whitaker, was sounding alarm bells as early as the end of the second round, imploring his man to stay low and unsheath the left hand.

But Judah, a noted speedster, simply had no answer to the quickness of Khan's hands and round three was more of the same, with Khan constantly beating his opponent to the punch. Judah was starting to show real signs of wear and tear by the fourth, his nose bleeding and his right eye showing the effects of that first-round collision. And early in the fifth Judah was sending out distress signals, complaining to referee Vic Drakulich about Khan's use of the head - but the worst was still to come. With 13 seconds remaining in the round, Khan set Judah up with an overhand right before sending home a withering right to the body, which doubled Judah over and rendered him unable to continue.

Price: £25

Please view shipping amounts or please contact us for any other enquiries.

Shipping Amount:   £

Amir Iqbal Janjua Khan (Punjabi/Urdu: born 8 December 1986) from Bolton, Greater Manchester, England. He is the current WBA World light welterweight champion. Khan won the belt at the age of 22, making him Britain's third-youngest World champion after Naseem Hamed and Herbie Hide.

He was previously in the lightweight division, where he held the Commonwealth, WBO Inter-Continental and WBA International titles. He also became the youngest British Olympic boxing medallist when he won silver at the 2004 Athens Olympics at the age of 17. He is commonly known by the nickname "King Khan".

Personal Life
Khan was born and raised in Bolton, England. Khan is Muslim. His grandparents migrated from the village of Matore within the region of Rawalpindi in the Punjab province of Pakistan to England in the 1950s. Khan belongs to the legendary warrior race of the Punjabi Janjua Rajputs. Khan speaks fluent English, Urdu and Punjabi. He was educated at Smithills School in Bolton, and Bolton Community College. Khan has two sisters and one brother, Haroon Khan, who is an amateur boxer. Also, his first cousin is the English cricketer Sajid Mahmood. As well as boxing, Khan enjoys playing sports such as football, basketball and cricket. He is an avid supporter of his local football club, Bolton Wanderers, and uses the club's training facilities.

Amateur Career
Khan began boxing competitively at the age of 11, with early honours including three English school title, three junior ABA titles, and gold at the 2003 Junior Olympics. In early 2004 he won a gold medal at the European Student Championships in Lithuania, and in South Korea several months later he won World junior lightweight title after fighting five times in seven days. One of his notable early amateur fights was against Victor Ortíz, whom he defeated in a second round stoppage.

Khan qualified for the 2004 Summer Olympics by finishing in first place at the 1st AIBA European 2004 Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Plovdiv, Bulgaria. He was Britain's sole representative in boxing at the Athens Games, winning a silver medal at the age of 17 in the lightweight boxing category. He was Britain's youngest Olympic boxer since Colin Jones in 1976. He lost in the final to Mario Kindelan, the Cuban who had also beaten him several months earlier in the pre-Olympic match-ups in Greece. In 2005 he avenged the two losses by beating the 34-year-old Kindelan in his last amateur fight. Khan finished his amateur career with a win/loss record of 100/2.

Professional Career
Lightweight (2005–2007)
Despite declaring after the 2004 Olympics that he would pursue a Gold medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, Khan turned professional in 2005, signing with English boxing promoter, Frank Warren. It is speculated by some that this decision was influenced by a row with the English Amateur Boxing Association over the ticketing allocation for his family and friends at the English ABA Finals. Khan won his professional debut against David Bailey via first round technical knockout, on 16 July 2005, at the Bolton Arena in Bolton.

Khan moved from lightweight to light welterweight for a single fight against French fighter Rachid Drilzane on 9 December 2006, winning a 10 round decision. Khan experienced the first knockdown of his career when his opponent caught him with a good left. Drilzane had never scored a knockout in his 13 fight career. Khan subsequently returned to the lightweight division for future fights. On 7 April 2007, Khan defeated Steffy Bull via third round technical knockout in Cardiff.

On 14 July 2007, Khan faced Willie Limond for the Commonwealth lightweight title. During the fight Khan was knocked down in the sixth round and appeared to be hurt badly. However, after another barrage of right hands, Khan weathered the storm and in the seventh round knocked down Limond. Limond's corner threw in the towel at the end of round eight.

On 6 October 2007, Khan faced Scott Lawton in his first defence of the Commonwealth lightweight title. Khan fought a mature and clinical fight, boxing with single punches for the majority of the first three rounds. Khan increased the pressure at the end of the third, and secured a TKO victory in the fourth. The referee stepped in when Lawton failed to fight back.

The most significant win of Khan's career up until that time came when he celebrated his 21st birthday by successfully defending his Commonwealth lightweight title against Graham Earl on 8 December 2007. Earl, rated the number one British lightweight and a former World title challenger, was considered Khan's toughest test by some way and a tough fight was expected, especially due to some ill-feeling between the pair in the run-up to the fight. However, it took Khan just 72 seconds to have the fight referee declare Earl in no fit state to continue. After the fight, Khan claimed that he rated this victory as the best of his career.

Lightweight (2008–2009)
On 2 February 2008, Khan was scheduled to fight Martin Kristjansen, but illness forced the Dane to withdraw and instead Khan beat Australian Gary St Clair in a contest for the Commonwealth lightweight title at the ExCel Arena in London.

This was his first fight to last all 12 rounds and was won via a unanimous 120–108 scoring from all three ringside judges.

On 5 April 2008, Khan beat Kristjansen in the seventh round of a WBO World lightweight title eliminator. Before the contest, the fighters had been ranked third and fourth respectively by the WBO. After Khan's victory, he was ranked second, behind only Joel Casamayor.

Following the fight, Khan split from his trainer Oliver Harrison, the trainer for all of his previous 17 professional contests. The breakup was blamed on Harrison's concerns that Khan's public engagements were interfering with his fight preparations. An official spokesperson for Team Khan told reporters there was "nothing personal" between Khan and Harrison. Dean Powell, who has trained former World champions Duke McKenzie and Lloyd Honeyghan, worked with Khan until a decision on a permanent trainer was made. In the same month, Khan had a training session in Las Vegas with Roger Mayweather, trainer and uncle of Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

Khan fought on 21 June 2008, at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham against Irishman Michael Gomez. Gomez, a super featherweight who was reaching the end of his career and had lost the last three of his six fights, was described as a "backward step" in Khan's quest for a World title. Khan stated "I think I'm above this domestic level now" and made it clear that he expected a fast and explosive finish to the fight. However, after the fight, Khan said he felt he had moved up a level by "fighting World class fighters like Gomez". Khan received criticism for being knocked down in the second round, but proved his resilience by coming back stronger after this. Former boxing champion Barry McGuigan seemed unimpressed after the fight and said Khan needed at least two more fights before he should consider a World title bout. Many journalists echoed McGuigan's opinion of Khan's defensive vulnerability.

A month after the Gomez fight, it was announced that Jorge Rubio would become Khan's new trainer. Rubio was chosen because Khan thought that he had very good chemistry with the Cuban trainer. Khan said "Rubio was showing me all these new training techniques, and I felt so comfortable because it suited my style. I knew I had the handspeed and the footwork to do it and I knew it was going to make me a much better fighter". Many boxing experts thought that Rubio needed to concentrate on improving Khan's defence and Khan's father agreed that he was showing great defensive skills during his training. In the early August, the lightweight Breidis Prescott was chosen by Rubio as Khan's next opponent, because Rubio had trained a fighter who had narrowly lost to Prescott before and thought that Khan would be able to handle the bigger Prescott, who had a prolific knockout record of 17 KOs in 19 contests. On 6 September 2008, Khan lost to Prescott in 54 seconds at the Manchester Evening News Arena on his Sky Box Office debut. Khan was knocked down within 25 seconds and struggled to make the count, Prescott downed him again within 41 seconds, moments later to win by knockout.

Following his defeat to Prescott, Frank Warren sacked Khan's trainer Jorge Rubio and replaced him with Freddie Roach. Khan began training with Roach in the United States, where he sparred with then WBC World lightweight champion Manny Pacquiao, who is also being trained by Roach. On 6 December 2008, Khan recorded a comeback win against Oisin Fagan in a second-round stoppage. With victory, Khan won the vacant WBA International lightweight title. Khan knocked Fagan down twice in the first round and Fagan's corner threw in the towel in the second. After the fight it was revealed that Fagan had broken his ankle when falling after the first knock-down.

Khan vs. Barrera
In early 2009, it was announced that Khan would fight former seven-time and three-weight World champion Marco Antonio Barrera on 14 March, at the Manchester Evening News Arena. Frank Warren promoted Khan's fight against the veteran Barrera, perhaps Khan's highest-profile opponent to date.

Barrera was ranked #1 and Khan #9 in the WBO World lightweight rankings. Previous IBF and WBO World lightweight title holder Nate Campbell was stripped of the belts after moving up to the light welterweight division and Khan's promoter Frank Warren and Barrera's promoter Don King lobbied the WBO to elevate the Khan-Barrera fight to a World lightweight title eliminator.

However, the World-title status was instead given to the fight between Juan Manuel Márquez and Juan Diaz, ranked #2 and #3 respectively by the WBO.

On 14 March 2009, at the MEN Arena in Manchester, England, Khan defeated Barrera, by a controversial technical decision. The fight was stopped towards the end of the fifth round due to Barrera suffering a severe cut in the first round, which resulted from a clash of heads. With Barrera deemed in no position to fight on by the ringside doctor after being allowed to continue for 4 rounds, the fight then went to the scorecards where Khan was ahead on all three (50–44, 50–45, 50–45). With victory, Khan defended his WBA International lightweight title and also won the vacant WBO Inter-Continental lightweight title.

Frank Warren was sufficiently impressed with Khan's performance that he vowed to land a World title fight for him before the end of the year.

"There was a lot on his shoulders, but I always felt he could rise to the big occasion. I'd like to see him get a belt round his waist by the end of this year."
Khan also commented on the fight, saying:

"I felt so completely easy, catching him with jabs. I felt like I was on a better level than him. The jabbing and patience – I felt so strong. You could see the difference. I had to take some shots in that match. I made some mistakes in the past and I'm not going to make them again."

Light Welterweight (2009)
On 18 July 2009, Khan moved up to the light welterweight to fight Andreas Kotelnik at the MEN Arena in Manchester for the WBA World light welterweight title. Khan won by a unanimous decision, 120–108, 118–111, 118–111, and become the third-youngest Briton to win a World title, at the age of 22. Prior to the fight being on his radar, Khan mentioned to Steve Bunce that he thought Kotelnik was the "worst World champion" of any weight class.

On 6 October 2009, Frank Warren confirmed that Khan would defend his WBA World light welterweight title against undefeated Ukrainian American boxer Dmitry Salita, the mandatory challenger, on 5 December, at the Metro Radio Arena in Newcastle upon Tyne, England. Due to Khan being a practicing Muslim and Salita being an Orthodox Jew, the fight was hyped as a religious clash by the media, referring to it as a "battle of faiths" or "holy war", though Khan and Salita have both denied such claims. On 5 December 2009, Khan defeated mandatory challenger Salita in 76 seconds, winning by technical knockout in the first round. Salita was knocked down three times, the first time after just 10 seconds into the fight. It was the first ever loss of Salita's career.

On 17 January 2010, Khan announced he had split with British promoter Frank Warren and signed a deal with Oscar De La Hoya and Golden Boy Promotions.

Khan vs. Malignaggi
On 9 March 2010, Golden Boy Promotions confirmed that WBA light welterweight champion Amir Khan and former light welterweight World champion Paulie Malignaggi will hold a press conference in London to announce their World title bout set for 15 May at The Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York. The fight was for the WBA light welterweight title, which Khan won in the 11th round. Immediately after the fight, Khan stated he wanted to fight Marcos Maidana next, and that he would not be leaving the light welterweight division until he had unified the various belts, suggesting that the way to do this would be for him to fight Maidana, and then go on to face the winner of a Devon Alexander vs. Timothy Bradley match.

Khan vs Maidana
Khan successfully defended his title for the third time against WBA Interim Champion and mandatory challenger, Marcos Maidana on 11 December 2010 in Las Vegas.

Khan dominated the fight early on and knocked down Maidana in the 1st round with multiple body shots. He eventually won out a narrow points victory with a unanimous decision despite a worrying 10th round wobble when Maidana successfully caught Khan. Madaina responded positively to the fight stating "It was a hell of a fight. He (Amir) is a great, skillful and fast boxer. And he proved that he can take a punch. He is a great champion".

Khan vs. McCloskey
Khan took on Paul McCloskey in his next fight. The 31-year-old Irishman was unbeaten in 22 fights and is ranked World's number 10. Khan, said: “I am delighted that this fight has finally been put together following some tough negotiations.

This is a matchup the British public want to see and will be a fantastic fight between two of the best light-welterweights in the country.”

Khan won a sixth-round technical decision after Paul McCloskey was cut by an accidental head butt and couldn’t go on in the estimation of the ring doctor. The heads of Khan and McCloskey collided about two minutes into the sixth round, causing a bad cut on the inside of the Irishman’s left eyebrow. In the decisive sixth, a five-punch combination from Khan staggered McCloskey and moments later the pair went toe-to-toe before McCloskey wheeled away and noticed blood coming from around his left eye.

Khan had some trouble with an awkward and resilient southpaw, who was difficult to hit cleanly, but was both too quick and too busy for McCloskey, Winning all six rounds on all three cards.

Khan vs Judah
After a war of words with Judah on Twitter, Amir Khan agreed on May 31 to fight Zab Judah in attempt to unify the IBF and WBA Light Welterweight titles in Las Vegas on 23 July After the Judah fight, Khan became victorious and now hopes to fight Mexican ring legend-Erik Morales sometime in December. After Morales, Khan looks for a domestic fight against UK fighter Kell Brook in the UK. Khan now believes after these three victories a potential bout with Floyd Mayweather Jr will be in the making. Khan defeated Judah by KO in the 5th round with a body shot after dominating all the previous rounds.

Outside Boxing
Charitable And Community Work
After the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, Khan assisted in helping raise £1 million for victims of the disaster. After the 2005 Kashmir earthquake, Khan went to Pakistan and handed out food parcels to children in a camp.

In July 2006 Khan became involved in the No Messin' campaign, which promotes child safety around British railways. The same year he performed an Umrah (a pilgrimage to Mecca).

In 2008, he raised more than £6,000 for a firefighter who was badly burned while trying to save a family from an arson attack in Bolton. Khan along with a few other famous faces took part in a charity football match at Valley Parade in Bradford, the proceeds of the match went to the family of the murdered police officer Sharon Beshenivsky.

He has spent £1 million of his own money on opening the Gloves Community Centre and boxing gym in Bolton to get youths off the streets.

Khan was involved in a TV programme for Channel 4, Amir Khan's Angry Young Men, which consisted of three 50-minute episodes. The programme centred around troubled angry men and aimed to use the disciplines of boxing, coupled with faith and family values, to help re-focus their lives and steer them away from trouble in the future. It was screened in August/September 2007.

He has also been on a show called Proud Parents with his parents. In April 2008, Khan appeared on TV game show Beat the Star, and in January 2009 he guested on a celebrity version of ITV1's Family Fortunes, pitted against Jennie Bond.

Amir appeared at the MOBO Awards 2009 where he presented the award for best video. Amir has also appeared in Aik Din Geo Ke Saath, a show broadcast by the Pakistani television channel, Geo.

Zabdiel "Zab" Judah (born October 27, 1977) American. Judah has won five World titles between the light welterweight and welterweight divisions and is a former Undisputed World Welterweight Champion.

Amateur Career
Judah began boxing at the age of six and compiled an amateur record of 110–5. He was a two-time US national champion and three-time New York Golden Gloves Champion.

He also won the 1996 PAL National Championship. Judah beat Ishe Smith and Hector Camacho, Jr., but lost to David Díaz in the finals of the Olympic trials, thus failing to qualify for the Olympic boxing team.

Professional Career - Light Welterweight
Judah made his professional debut as an 18 year old on September 20, 1996, in Miami, Florida and defeated Michael Johnson by technical knockout in the second round. Judah accidentally butted heads with Esteban Flores in a fight in March 1999. Flores was cut on his forehead, and the match was halted in the third round. The bout was originally recorded as a technical draw, but the result was changed to a no contest in May 1998. On April 14, 1998, Judah defeated Angel Beltre in the second round.

Judah then defeated Micky Ward by unanimous decision for the USBA Light Welterweight title. He successfully defended the USBA title by stopping Darryl Tyson in the eleventh round on October 15, 1998.

IBF Champion
Judah defeated Wilfredo Negron in January 1999 with a fourth-round knockout to win the Interim IBF Light Welterweight title. On February 12, 2000, he defeated Jan Piet Bergman to win the vacant IBF Light Welterweight title.

Bergman went down twice in the first round, but recovered in the second round, knocking Judah down. Judah knocked out Bergman in the fourth round to win the title. On June 20, 2000, Judah made his first title defence against Junior Witter in Glasgow, Scotland. It was an awkward fight for Judah, as Witter rarely engaged in an extended exchange of punches.

Witter frequently switched between fighting right-handed and left-handed, making him an elusive opponent.

Judah's consistent body punching slowed Witter down, and in the fifth round, Judah caught Witter with a straight left hand that hurt Witter and sent his mouthpiece skittering across the ring. Judah defeated Witter by unanimous decision.

Two months later, on August 5, 2000, at the Mohegan Sun in Connecticut, Judah defeated former IBF Light Welterweight Champion Terron Millett by fourth round knockout. Judah was knocked down in the first round from a left hand. Judah rose quickly, and from that point on he dominated the fight. Judah hurt Millett with two combinations near the end of the first round. In round two, Judah sent Millett down with a right hand to the chin. Millett survived the round, but he was clearly hurt. In round four, Judah charged across the ring and inflicted a series of blows on Millett, knocking him down again. Millett got up, but Judah continued his assault and knocked Millett down again.

Millett rose at the count of four, but his legs were unsteady and the referee decided to stop the bout.

In his third title defence, Judah stopped Hector Quiroz in the eighth round on October 20, 2000, at The Palace of Auburn Hills in Auburn Hills, Michigan. On January 13, 2001, Judah defeated Reggie Green by tenth round technical knockout at the Mohegan Sun in Connecticut. Judah had trouble landing punches effectively against Green for the majority of the fight, but in round ten, he knocked Green down with a left hook. Green beat the count, but Judah then ran across the ring and sent Green down to the canvas with a right hand, forcing the referee to stop the fight. On June 23, 2001, Judah defeated Allan Vester by third round knockout in his fifth successful defence of the IBF title. In round two, Judah put Vester down to the canvas twice. In the third round, Judah knocked out Vester with a left hand that connected on Vester's temple. Vester went down on his knees and nearly lost his mouthpiece. The referee stopped the fight right before the closing bell. The fight would set up a unification match between Judah and WBC and WBA Light Welterweight Champion Kostya Tszyu, who defeated Oktay Urkal on the undercard.

Unification Match With Tszyu
The much anticipated matchup between Judah and Tsyzu took place on November 3, 2001, at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada for the Undisputed Light Welterweight Championship. Judah entered the fight as a 3-to-1 favourite to win. With 10 seconds left to go in round two, Tszyu landed a right hand clean on Judah's chin and he backed away from Tszyu with his hands down. Tszyu went after Judah, throwing another right hand that landed on his chin and sent Judah crashing to the canvas. Judah jumped up instinctively and tried to signal that he was fine to referee Jay Nady, but was still dazed by the punch and fell down a second time. When Judah collapsed, Nady waved the fight over, resulting in a technical knockout victory for Tsyzu and Judah's first professional loss.

While Tszyu celebrated in his corner, Judah was in disbelief of what just happened and became infuriated. Judah picked up his stool and hurled it towards centre ring. While being restrained by his father and trainer, Yoel Judah, he broke loose and walked up to Nady and stuck his gloved fist into his neck and had to be pulled off by cornermen. A few minutes later, Jimmy Lennon, Jr. announced the official decision and Judah screamed out in agony and again had to be restrained by a growing number of security guards and cornermen. Judah was fined $75,000 and suspended for six months by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

After defeating Omar Weis by unanimous decision in July 2002, Judah challenged DeMarcus Corley for the WBO Light Welterweight title on July 12, 2003, at the Orleans Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas. Judah knocked Corley down with a left hand in the third round en route to defeating Corley by split decision. Judah broke his left hand during the fight. In his only defence of the WBO title, Judah knocked out Jaime Rangel in the first round on December 13, 2003.

Welterweight - Cory Spinks
On April 10, 2004, at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, Judah fought Cory Spinks for the Undisputed Welterweight Championship. Judah had trouble at the start figuring out how to fight Spinks, the taller fighter. He could not move forward to get inside, but was having success moving laterally. Spinks scored a knockdown in the eleventh round, but Judah came back and put Spinks down to the canvas in the final round. In the end, Spinks defeated Judah by unanimous decision with scores of 114–112 twice and 116–111.

For the rest of 2004, Judah defeated Rafael Pineda by split decision and Wayne Martell by first round technical knockout. On February 5, 2005, Judah would get a rematch with Spinks at the Savvis Center in St. Louis, Missouri, Spinks' hometown.

The fight was the first major bout in St. Louis in more than 40 years, and it was a sell out. Judah was the aggressor throughout the fight. He knocked Spinks down to his knees at the bell in the seventh round, but it was not ruled a knockdown. Spinks had a strong start to the ninth round and connected with a left hand, then followed with a right hand and a combination, but Judah scored a knockdown moments later. Judah pressed the attack after the first knockdown and avoided Spinks' desperate efforts to tie him up. After Spinks was knocked down for the second time, the referee stopped the fight, and Judah became the new Undisputed Welterweight Champion.

Undisputed Welterweight Champion
In his first fight as undisputed welterweight champion, he fought Cosme Rivera on May 14, 2005, at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Judah sent Rivera down with a straight left hand to the face less than 30 seconds into the bout. Rivera beat the count, but was knocked down again about 10 seconds later. Judah hit Rivera hard several times in the second round, and in the third round, he connected with a left uppercut, that caused Rivera to stagger backwards and fall into the ropes before hitting the canvas. Rivera rose at the count of five, but he was badly hurt and the referee stopped the fight.

His next fight took place on January 7, 2006 at Madison Square Garden in New York City against Carlos Baldomir. For Judah, the fight was viewed as a tuneup bout that would lead to a lucrative bout between Judah and WBC Light Welterweight Champion Floyd Mayweather, Jr., which was tentatively scheduled for April. Judah entered the fight as a 10-to-1 favorite over Baldomir. The stage was set when Judah unsportingly punched Baldomir on the thigh during the prefight introductions instead of touching gloves to show sportsmanship. The early rounds of the fight were close, but as the rounds passed, Judah was doing less than necessary to win, while Baldomir kept applying pressure on Judah. In round seven, Judah was hurt by a right hand and Baldomir landed a series of right hands to Judah's head along the ropes during the tenth round. Baldomir defeated Judah by unanimous decision with scores of 115–113, 114–113 and 115–112 from the three judges. The Ring named Baldomir's victory over Judah the upset of the year for 2006. Judah's IBF and WBA belts were not on the line, because Baldomir did not pay sanctioning fees to the IBF and WBA.

Baldomir did win The Ring and WBC titles, while the WBA (Super) title was vacated after Judah's loss (WBA (Regular) titleholder Luis Collazo became the sole WBA Champion), but the IBF still recognized him as their champion.

Judah vs Mayweather
With the loss to Baldomir, it appeared that Judah's much anticipated bout with Mayweather was off, but Judah's promoter Don King and Mayweather's promoter Bob Arum reworked the deals so the fight would go on. Mayweather was scheduled to earn a minimum $6 million while Judah was to earn $3 million plus a percentage of the profits, but because of Judah's loss, Mayweather earned a minimum $5 million while Judah was guaranteed $1 million plus a percentage of profits above $7 million. The fight took place on April 8, 2006, at the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas.

Judah started strongly and put up a valiant fight, at times matching Mayweather's speed and punching precision. It appeared that Judah scored a knockdown in the second round when Mayweather's glove touched the canvas; however, referee Richard Steele ruled it a slip. In round four, Judah landed a right hand to the head that caused Mayweather to retreat to the ropes and cover up. The momentum changed in the fifth round, when Mayweather hurt Judah with a combination to the face. Then Mayweather landed a right hand on the bridge of Judah's nose, and blood began to flow. The seventh round was the most dominant for Mayweather to that point. Once again, he drew blood from Judah's nose. A combination from Mayweather backed Judah into a corner, and Judah's foot movement was considerably slower than it had been earlier in the fight.

With about 10 seconds left in the tenth round, Judah hit Mayweather with a low blow and followed it with a right hand to the back of Mayweather's head. As Mayweather hopped around the ring in pain, Steele called time to give Mayweather a rest period. Mayweather's uncle and trainer, Roger Mayweather, climbed into the ring and approached Judah. Yoel Judah entered the ring and threw a punch at Roger. At that point, members of both fighters' camps entered the ring and an all-out melee ensued. More than a dozen security officers and police officers rushed into the ring and managed to control the situation. After the ring was cleared, Roger Mayweather was ejected from the fight.

Mayweather cruised through the last two rounds on his way to a unanimous decision victory by scores of 116–112, 117–113 and 119–109.

After the fight, the purses for both fighters were withheld until video of the fight could be reviewed. Don King argued that Mayweather should have been disqualified because his uncle was the first person to enter the ring. At an April 13 hearing, the Nevada State Athletic Commission fined Roger Mayweather $200,000 and revoked his boxing license for one year. At a hearing on May 8, the Commission disciplined the other offenders in the melee. It fined Yoel Judah $100,000 and revoked his license for one year, fined Mayweather cornerman Leonard Ellerbe $50,000 and suspended his license for four months, and fined Zab Judah $350,000 and revoked his license for one year.

Return From Suspension
On April 13, 2007, Judah made his return to the ring against Ruben Galvan at the Fitzgeralds Casino & Hotel in Tunica, Mississippi. Judah came out strongly in the first round, landing numerous shots on Galvan. During the round, a bad cut opened near the top of Galvan's head. The referee called for a timeout to allow the doctor to take a look at the cut. Due to the severity of the cut, the fight was waved off.

The cut was ruled to be caused by an accidental foul with an elbow and since the fight did not go past four rounds, the fight was ruled a no contest.

Judah vs Cotto
On June 9, 2007, Judah took on WBA Welterweight Champion Miguel Cotto in New York City before a sold out crowd at Madison Square Garden. In the first round, Cotto landed a low blow that put Judah to the canvas. Referee Arthur Mercante, Jr. offered a stern warning to Cotto. In the third round, Judah took yet another low blow from Cotto, which resulted in Cotto receiving a point deduction.

Cotto and Judah delivered an all-action brawl, but after weathering some difficult early rounds as he figured out Judah's southpaw style and adjusted to his speed, Cotto took over the bout. In round seven, both fighters went toe-to-toe and in round eight he hurt Judah several times. In round nine, Judah took a knee to gain a breather from Cotto's aggressive style. By the tenth round, Judah was bleeding from a cut over his right eye and was hurt by an uppercut from Cotto that sent him retreating to the ropes, but Judah stayed upright. Early in the eleventh round, Cotto landed a combination that dropped Judah to the canvas. He managed to get to his feet, but Cotto went after Judah with a relentless attack, turning him sideways along the ropes as he continued to throw punches. That forced the referee to stop the fight.

Judah, who trailed 97–91 on all three scorecards, claimed he had been weakened by the two low blows early in the fight.

He said, "The first low blow was very hard. The second one took a lot out of me. The low blows affected me from the time they hit me." Cotto earned $2.5 million plus a piece of the pay-per-view profits, while Judah earned $1 million plus a percentage of the profits.

Judah fought Edwin Vazquez at the Hard Rock resort in Biloxi, Mississippi on September 7, 2007. Despite suffering a cut over his left eye, Judah defeated the over-matched Vazquez by unanimous decision. Judah hurt Vazquez several times over the course of the contest, but he injured his left hand midway through the fight and was unable to finish off Vasquez. On November 17, 2007, in Providenciales, Judah defeated Ryan Davis by unanimous decision. Judah was scheduled to fight Shane Mosley on May 31, 2008, at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, but it was postponed after Judah needed 50 stitches in his right arm after slipping in his bathroom and smashing it through a glass shower door.

Judah vs Clottey
On August 2, 2008, Judah lost to Joshua Clottey by technical decision in a fight for the vacant IBF Welterweight title at the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas. Judah began the busier fighter, showing quick hands and throwing effective combinations behind a jab. Clottey began steadily closing the distance between himself and his opponent from the third round, landing an increasing number of punches that took their toll on Judah. In round four, Clottey landed an uppercut that caused Judah to lose his balance, and by the end of the round, Judah had blood running down his nose.

Judah staged a comeback in the sixth round, but in the middle of the seventh round, Clottey landed a right hand that hurt Judah and caused him to back into a corner.

In round nine, Judah suffered a cut over his right eye and the fight was stopped after he said he could not see. The referee had ruled the cut was caused by an accidental clash of heads and so the fight went to the scorecards. Two judges scored the fight 86–85 and the other judge scored it 87–84, all in favour of Clottey.

Comeback Trail
After the loss to Clottey, Judah fought Ernest Johnson on November 8, 2008, at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Judah dominated the bout early, but in round three, Judah suffered two cuts from accidental head butts.
Finding success with lead right hands and short left hands.

Judah won the bout by unanimous decision with scores of 99–91, 98–92 and 98–92.

On November 6, 2009, Judah took on Ubaldo Hernandez from Mexico at Palms Resort, in Las Vegas, Nevada. The former Undisputed Welterweight Champion won the fight by TKO in the second round.

Judah was in line for a fight with Devon Alexander, after the latter's win against Juan Urango. He has also been linked to a match with Timothy Bradley, as he was considered as a possible replacement for Marcos Maidana. The former undisputed champion publicly challenged both of them on more than one occasion in 2010. Promoter Gary Shaw tried to began negatiations with Judah for a potential bout in 2010. However, Judah declined the match but promised to fight Bradley and Alexander after a tune-up fight on July 16 at the Prudential Center in New Jersey.

The Brooklyn native's tune up fight in July was co-promoted by Main Events and Super Judah Promotions. In June 2010, Judah expressed his intention in moving down to the light welterweight division after the upcoming fight, hoping to revitalize his career. His opponent was Jose Armando Santa Cruz of Mexico (28–4; 17 KO). Judah won the bout by TKO in round three.

Return To Light Welterweight
Zab Judah vs Lucas Matthysse
On November 6, 2010, Judah won a split decision over previously undefeated Lucas Matthysse in a fight for the vacant regional NABO Light Welterweight title at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. The former World champion fought in the light welterweight division for the first time in almost seven years.

The Brooklyn native began the busier fighter, using the jab and trying to land uppercuts for the first two rounds, while Matthysse worked on the body. In round three, a clash of heads opened a cut outside of the left eye of Judah.

Matthysse displayed more aggression and became the aggressor in the third and the fourth round and Judah switched to a defensive tactic. In the next two rounds, the American boxer picked up the pace, beginning to land more combinations. The seventh round was less active but in the eight, Judah landed some hard right counter shots. Judah continued to box throughout the ninth round but Matthysse began to show more power in the tenth, focusing on the head of his opponent and knocking down the American boxer after a hard right hand to the jaw. Judah got up but he was hurt, and the Argentine fighter tried to press the attack after the knockdown. However, Judah held and worked on the defensive and managed to finish the bout. Two judges scored the fight 114–113 for Judah, while the other judge scored it 114–113 for Matthysse.

Regaining The IBF Title
Following the win against Matthysse, negotiations for a fight against Kaizer Mabuza began. Both sides eventually agreed to a March 5 bout, with the vacant IBF Light Welterweight title on the line. Former champion Pernell Whitaker joined Judah's training camp to help him prepare for the match.

Whitaker said: "I don't train guys to be like me. I help guys to do the things that work for them. If I can teach you how to hit and not get hit, that's a blessing for you. Zab has the same abilities I have, but Zab still has to put it together and do it the way that Zab knows how to do it." On March 5, 2011, Judah defeated Mabuza via technical knockout in the seventh round, at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey, claiming the IBF title again after almost ten years.

Judah vs Khan Unification Bout
Judah fought WBA (Super) Champion Amir Khan in a unification bout on July 23, 2011 at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Las Vegas. Judah was knocked out by Khan in the 5th round after Khan landed an uppercut body shot. Judah was unable to answer the referee's 10 count, thus recording his 7th career loss. Khan was ahead 40-36 on all three judges score cards at the time of the knock out. Judah was adamant that the body shot should have been called low and claimed that he had been expecting a mandatory five-minute recovery period.

Judah vs Garcia
Judah's next bout was scheduled for February 9 against undefeated WBC & WBA (Super) Champion Danny García at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, but was subsequently rescheduled to April 27, 2013 due to a rib injury sustained by Garcia during training.

After a heated week of pre-fight confrontations, fans were expecting something special from Danny Garcia vs Zab Judah. And the fighters delivered, though in an unanticipated fashion. From early on it was clear that the bad blood would not adversely impact the fight, as both men fought strong technical fights.

During the early rounds, Garcia steadily pulled ahead, out-boxing Judah throughout. Judah was in serious trouble in rounds 5 and 6, then finally went down in the 8th. From there, things took a surprising turn. Never known for his resolve or ability to turn the fight around late, Judah responded to the knockdown by coming on strong down the stretch. Judah took the last 3 rounds, though his deficit from earlier in the fight meant it wasn't enough and Garcia defeated Judah by unanimous decision (115-112, 114-112, 116-111)

Personal Life
Judah has nine brothers and two sisters. Five of his brothers also box, with three of them, Josiah, Joseph and Daniel Judah, boxing professionally. Judah's father and trainer, Yoel Judah, is a six-time kickboxing World champion and a seventh degree black belt. Judah's father is an avowed Black Hebrew Israelite and Judah's family has declared themselves Jewish. Judah thanked "his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" after his 2005 fight against Spinks.

Zab is now a Born again Christian.

In July 2006, he was arrested after a celebrity basketball game at Madison Square Garden on a Family Court warrant.

In August 2007, Judah became involved in a fight at Stereo nightclub in New York. According to the New York Daily News, Judah started throwing punches after he was hit first by someone who approached him. Two of the perpetrator's friends then joined in the fight and eventually everyone involved were kicked out of the club. After reviewing the videotape, the club indicated the perpetrators "might have been plotting something."

New York Police linked rapper Fabolous to a crew of robbers who targeted Judah twice. According to police reports, the Street Fam Crew, the gang that attempted to rob Judah, is made up of 20 members, all former drug dealers from Fabolous' Brooklyn neighborhood. In 2006, three men tried to rob Judah as he stood next to his Lamborghini on West 27th Street at 10th Avenue in New York City. The three men drove up to Judah in a minivan at about 5 am, and came out. One man pulled a handgun on Judah, and told him to put his jewellery on the hood of his car, but Judah ran instead. The muggers followed in their minivan, but crashed into a tree a block away. All three robbers fled the scene, but one was captured by a Homeland Security agent on his way to work, and another was grabbed by a nearby cab driver.