Riddick Bowe vs Evander Holyfield II WBA And IBF World Heavyweight Title Also Featuring Thomas Hearns Official Onsite Programme

Riddick Bowe vs Evander Holyfield II WBA And IBF World Heavyweight Title Also Featuring Thomas Hearns Official Onsite Programme

Riddick Bowe vs Evander Holyfield II WBA and IBF World heavyweight title, billed "Repeat Or Revenge", also featuring Thomas Hearns vs Andrew Maynard official on-site 42 page programme, 6th November 1993, Caesars Palace, Las Vegas.

Condtion mint

Holyfield W majority decision
* Fight was suspended for 21 minutes during the 7th round, when a parachutist (James Miller), with a large fan strapped to his back, crashed onto the ring apron. The man was beaten by spectators and Bowe's cornermen before being taken away.
* This incident was named The Ring magazine Event of the Year for 1993.

Hearns W TKO 1
* Hearns was returning from a badly broken hand in his bout against Iran Barkley. The injury kept him sidelined for a year and a half and in a cast for eight months.

* Hearns came out pumping the jab and landed a left hand in the opening minute that hurt Maynard and buckled his knees. A followup right uppercut and combination sent Maynard stumbling backward. Maynard was able to tie up and kept from going down. Midway through the round and still clearly wobbled, Maynard threw a left hook that missed entirely and caused him to lose his balance and fall to the mat. The knockout occurred as Maynard came forward and threw a lunging left, Hearns stepped to the side and connected with a loaded up right hand that glanced off Maynard's shoulder and landed behind his left ear. Maynard stumbled across the ring and landed flat on his back. He made it to the seated position at the count of four and attempted to get to his feet at eight, but was unable to beat the referee's count.

Price: £50

Please view shipping amounts or please contact us for any other enquiries.

Shipping Amount:   £

Holyfield vs Bowe II - Infamous Round 7 Parachute Man Incident

Riddick Lamont Bowe (born August 10, 1967) an American former two-time World heavyweight champion, having first won the WBA, WBC and IBF titles in 1992, thus becoming undisputed heavyweight champion.

Bowe's second reign as heavyweight champion was in 1995, when he won the WBO title. He retired in 1996, but made a return to the ring in 2004. He has been inactive since 2008, when he won his last pro bout in Germany.

Bowe became the first fighter to knock down and defeat Evander Holyfield when he defeated Holyfield for the World heavyweight title in 1992 by unanimous decision for the undisputed World heavyweight title. Holyfield won the rematch by decision when he regained the title from Bowe in 1993. Bowe later became the first fighter to stop Holyfield by TKO, when he won their third match in 1995. Bowe's professional boxing record stands at 43–1 with one no-contest, and 33 stoppages. Bowe ranked as the 21st greatest heavyweight of all time in a 2010 article by BoxingScene, was inducted into the 2015 class for the International Boxing Hall of Fame.

Early Years
Bowe was born on August 10, 1967, the twelfth of his mother Dorothy Bowe's thirteen children. Bowe was born and raised in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn. His brother Henry died of AIDS, and his sister Brenda was stabbed to death by a drug addict during an attempted robbery.

Amateur Boxing Career
As an amateur, Bowe won the prestigious New York Golden Gloves Championship and other tournaments. In 1984, age 17, he knocked out opponent James Smith in just 4 seconds.

In 1985, at the National Golden Gloves championships, he lost to Fort Worth Heavyweight Donald Stephens. Bowe won the silver medal in the 1988 Seoul Olympics, where he was stopped in two rounds by future World heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis.

Amateur Highlights
* Amateur Record: 104-18
* 1983 at United States Junior Championships, as a middleweight, lost to Adolpho Washington by second round TKO
* 1985 Junior World Champion as a light heavyweight, in competition in Bucharest. Defeated Péter Hart of Hungary in final.
* 1987 Heavyweight Bronze Medallist at Pan-American Games in Indianapolis. Lost to Jorge Luis Gonzalez on points
* 1988 Super Heavyweight Silver Medalist, boxing at the 1988 Summer Olympic Games, the 1988 Seoul Olympic Games. Results were:
* Defeated Biko Botowamungu (Zaire, Congo) KO 2
* Defeated Peter Hrivnak (Czechoslovakia) TKO 1
* Defeated Alex Miroshnichenko (Soviet Union) on points
* Lost to Lennox Lewis (Canada) TKO by 2

New York Golden Gloves Championships
Bowe won four New York Golden Gloves Championships. Bowe won the 1985 178 lb Novice Championship, 1986 178 lb Open Championship and the 1987 and 1988 Super Heavyweight Open Championship. Bowe trained at the Bed-Stuy BA.

Professional Career
Bowe turned professional after his Olympic loss. Highly regarded trainer Eddie Futch took on the job of developing Bowe as he saw the talent. Eddie would say that Bowe had more potential than any boxer he had ever trained.

Bowe turned professional in March 1989, and knocked out Lionel Butler. His then manager, Rock Newman kept Bowe active, fighting 13 times in 1989, beating journeymen, the most notable being Garing Lane whom he beat twice.

In September 1990, Bowe made his first step up in class, fighting faded ex-champion Pinklon Thomas, who he dominated until Thomas gave up after eight rounds. The following month, Bowe knocked out Bert Cooper in two rounds, which added to his reputation and high ranking.

In March 1991, Bowed knocked k1984 Olympic Super Heavyweight Gold medalist Tyrell Biggs. In Bowe's next fight, ex-champion Tony Tubbs appeared to outbox and outsmart Bowe in a close bout, only to have the judges award Bowe a unanimous decision. In August 1991, Bowe knocked out future World heavyweight champion Bruce Seldon in one round. In July 1992 knocked out South African Pierre Coetzer in the seventh round of a World title eliminator.

Fights Against Elijah Tillery
Bowe fought two interesting bouts against Elijah Tillery in Atlantic City in 1991. Their first fight at Harrah's Casino was known as the 'crazy fight' for its bizarre conclusion. Bowe dominated the first round and dropped Tillery. After the round ended, Tillery walked toward Bowe and taunted him, and Bowe responded by punching Tillery. Tillery then threw several low kicks at Bowe, who then unleashed a flurry of punches on Tillery as he lay on the ropes. Bowe's trainer Rock Newman grabbed Tillery from behind on the ring apron and pulled him over the ropes as Bowe continued to throw punches. Tillery somersaulted over the ropes, and was quickly detained by security.

After order was restored and the fighters returned to the ring, Tillery and Bowe continued a war of words, and minor incidents continued until the ring was cleared. Tillery was controversially disqualified for kicking Bowe, with Bowe getting the win, much to the surprise of the television announcers. The referee, Karl Milligan, had stepped between the two fighters to separate them and stepped forward as he did so, inadvertently missing the action behind him after the bell between the combatants. The fighters fought a rematch two months later at Convention Hall in Atlantic City, with Bowe dominating and stopping Tillery in four rounds.

World Heavyweight Champion
In November 1992 he fought reigning champ Evander Holyfield for the undisputed heavyweight title. With his heart and dedication still in question, Bowe won a unanimous decision in an entertaining fight, flooring Holyfield in the 11th round. However, it was the tenth round most boxing fans will remember. The epic brutal back and forth exchanges helped make it Ring Magazine's "Round of the Year." Commentator Al Bernstein exclaimed, ""That was one of the greatest rounds in heavyweight history. Period!"
A couple of weeks earlier in London, Bowe's old Olympic rival, Lennox Lewis, knocked out Canadian Donovan "Razor" Ruddock in two rounds, establishing himself as the World Boxing Council's number one contender.

The Bowe-Holyfield and Lewis-Ruddock fights were part of a mini-tournament, whereby all four fighters agreed the two winners would meet each other for the undisputed World heavyweight championship. Bowe's manager Rock Newman made a proposal: the $32 million purse HBO was offering should be split 90-10 in Bowe's favour, an 'absurd' offer which Lennox Lewis rejected. Lewis's manager, Frank Maloney, rejected another offer of two million for Lewis to fight on a Bowe undercard, citing his distrust of the Bowe camp after the aforementioned financial negotiations. Bowe responded by holding a press conference in which he dumped the WBC World heavyweight championship belt into a trash can rather than fighting Lewis.

Bowe's first defence of his remaining titles came on February 6, 1993, when he fought 34-year-old former champion Michael Dokes at Madison Square Garden and knocked him out in the first round. In Bowe's next fight, May 22, 1993 at RFK Stadium in Washington, D.C., Bowe knocked out Jesse Ferguson in the second round to retain the title. This set up a rematch with Evander Holyfield.

In the rematch with Holyfield, Bowe looked overweight. He had entered training camp at a 266 lbs and weighed in at 246 lbs, eleven pounds heavier than in the first fight with Holyfield.

Bowe and Holyfield exchanged hard punches. Bowe ended up losing the belts to Holyfield by a majority decision. This fight was also known for a bizarre stunt in which parachutist James "Fan Man" Miller dropped into the open air arena, landing in the ropes by Bowe's corner. This surreal scene delayed the fight in the seventh round by nearly a half hour.

Bowe stated afterwards he thought the bout should have declared a 'technical draw' or a 'no contest' owing to the unfair delay.

After Title Loss
Riddick Bowe vs Larry Donald
In August 1994, Bowe fought two comeback fights. He faced the much smaller Buster Mathis Jr and, after struggling to connect with his bobbing and weaving target, hit him Mathis while he was down with what ruled an accidental blow, and the bout was ruled a 'No Contest' by referee Arthur Mercante, Sr. In December 1994, Bowe punched Larry Donald at a prefight press conference, later beating him by 12 round unanimous decision for the WBC Continental Americas Heavyweight title, giving the 16-0 heavyweight contender Donald his first loss.

WBO title And Holyfield Rubber Match
In March 1995, Bowe won the WBO version of the World heavyweight championship by knocking down England's Herbie Hide six times en route to scoring a sixth round knockout.

In June 1995, after a heated build up, Bowe defended the WBO heavyweight title against his arch rival in the amateurs, Jorge Luis González, At the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The prefight hype contained bizarre trash talk, which included Gonzalez declaring a desire to eat Bowe's heart and likening himself to a lion which making Bowe out to be a hyena.Bowe won by sixth round knockout over Gonzalez. He vacated the WBO championship soon after.

After the Gonzales fight, Bowe fought a rubbermatch with Evander Holyfield, their third and final meeting. Holyfield knocked Bowe down during the fight, but Bowe maintained his composure, and persevered to score an eighth round stoppage victory.

Bowe vs Golota I And II
After defeating Holyfield in the third bout of their trilogy, Bowe was matched against undefeated heavyweight contender Andrew Golota at the Madison Square Garden in an HBO Boxing event. Bowe's weight problem again resurfaced, as the favourite entered the ring at a career high of 252 lbs. Though ahead on points, Golota was penalized several times for low blows, and was finally disqualified in the seventh round after a volley of punches to Bowe's testicles. Seconds after Golota was disqualified, Bowe's entourage rushed the ring, attacked Golota with a two way radio (Golota traded punches with one of them, requiring 11 stitches to close the wound caused by the radio) and assaulted Golota's 74-year-old trainer Lou Duva, who collapsed in the ring and was taken out of The Garden on a stretcher).

The entourage began rioting, fighting with spectators, staff and policemen alike, resulting in a number of injuries before they were forced out of the arena in what evolved into a lengthy televised ring spectacle.

The fight made many sports shows, including SportsCenter, and there was a good amount of public interest in a rematch.

The rematch was on Pay Per View. Golota, after dropping Bowe in the second round, and being dropped himself later, was leading on the scorecards, only to be disqualified in the ninth round, once again for repeated shots to the testicles.

Despite not having another riot, this fight also proved to be controversial, with an unsuccessful protest filed by Golota's camp to try to overturn the fight's result.

This fight was featured on HBO's documentary Legendary Nights: The Tale of Bowe-Golota.

Joining The Marine Corps
After the Golota fights, Bowe retired from boxing and decided to join the United States Marine Corps Reserve. He said he made the decision both to make his mother proud and to rededicate himself to training, with the intention of returning to boxing shortly after. On his first day of recruit training, however, Bowe discussed leaving the Corps with Marine commanders, and quit after 3 days of training with his platoon at the recruit depot at Parris Island, South Carolina. The Marine Corps has been criticized for compromising their traditional recruiting measures and accommodating Bowe's request.

Legal Troubles
Bowe was convicted of the February 1998 kidnapping of his estranged wife Judy,and their five children. Thinking it would reconcile his marriage, Bowe went to his wife's Cornelius, North Carolina home and threatened her with a knife, handcuffs, duct tape and pepper spray. He forced her and their children into a vehicle and set out for his Fort Washington, Maryland home. During the kidnapping, Bowe stabbed his wife in the chest. Police captured Bowe in South Hill, Virginia, freeing his family. Bowe agreed to a plea bargain of guilty to 'interstate domestic violence', and was sentenced to 18 to 24 months in prison.

Despite the agreed sentence, on February 29, 2000, the judge sentenced Bowe to only 30 days, due to a claim of brain damage by Bowe's defence. This sentence, counter to the plea agreement, was later overturned. Bowe served 17 months in Federal prison. On February 8, 2001, Bowe was arrested in Long Island after a domestic dispute with his new wife. Bowe allegedly dragged his wife and left her with cuts on her knees and elbows.

Return To Boxing
On September 25, 2004, after seven and a half years away from boxing, Bowe returned with a second round knockout over Marcus Rhode. In a second comeback fight, in April 2005, an overweight Bowe narrowly defeated journeyman Billy Zumbrun by ten round split decision.

Bowe declared bankruptcy in 2005. On December 13, 2008, with the help of new manager Bob Bain, Bowe, 41, returned to the ring for the first time in over three and a half years on the undercard of the Wladimir Klitschko versus Hasim Rahman World heavyweight title bout in Mannheim, Germany and won an eight round unanimous decision over Gene Pukall.
His current boxing record stands at 43-1 with 33 knockouts.

In March 2013, Bowe announced his Muay Thai début, having trained under Kru Airr Phanthip and Kru Chan in Las Vegas.

He faced Levgen Golovin for the WPMF Super Heavyweight World Title in Pattaya, Thailand. On June 14, 2013, Bowe was knocked down five times from kicks to his leg. The championship match was called to a stop halfway through the second round.

In Popular Culture
In 1993, a video game entitled Riddick Bowe Boxing was released for various platforms. Also in 1993, Bowe appeared as himself in an episode of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, entitled "You Bet Your Life".

Evander Holyfield (born October 19, 1962) from the United States. He is a former undisputed World champion in both the cruiserweight and heavyweight divisions, earning him the nickname "The Real Deal". After winning the bronze medal in the Light Heavyweight division at the 1984 Summer Olympics, he debuted as a professional at the age of 21.

Holyfield moved to the cruiserweight division in 1985 and won his first title the following year, when he defeated Dwight Muhammad Qawi for the WBA cruiserweight belt. He would then go on to defeat Ricky Parkey and Carlos De Leon to win the Lineal, IBF and WBC titles, becoming the undisputed cruiserweight champion. Holyfield moved up to heavyweight in 1988, defeating Buster Douglas for the Lineal, WBC, WBA, and IBF titles in 1990.

Evander Holyfield holds other notable victories over fighters such as; George Foreman, Larry Holmes, Riddick Bowe, Ray Mercer, Mike Tyson (x2), Michael Moorer, John Ruiz, Michael Dokes and Hasim Rahman. Holyfield is the only 4-time World Heavyweight champion, winning the WBA, WBC, and IBF titles in 1990, the WBA and IBF titles in 1993 and the WBA title in 1996 and 2000.

Holyfield moved up to heavyweight in 1988, winning his first six fights, all by stoppage. On October 25, 1990, Holyfield knocked out heavyweight champion James "Buster" Douglas, to claim the WBC, WBA, & IBF heavyweight belts (undisputed World heavyweight championship). He retained the Heavyweight crown three times, which included victories over former champions George Foreman and Larry Holmes, before suffering his first professional loss to Riddick Bowe on November 13, 1992. Holyfield regained the title in a rematch one year later, beating Bowe by majority decision for the WBA and IBF titles. Holyfield later lost the titles to Michael Moorer on April 22, 1994, by Majority Decision.

Holyfield was forced to retire in 1994, only to return a year later. On November 9, 1996, he went on to defeat Mike Tyson by eleventh round technical knockout to win the WBA title, in what was named fight of the year and upset of the year for 1996 by The Ring magazine. Evander Holyfield became the first Heavyweight since Muhammad Ali to win the World title three times. Seven months later, Holyfield won the 1997 rematch against Tyson, when the latter was disqualified in round three for biting off part of Holyfield's ear. During his reign as champion, he also avenged his loss to Michael Moorer, when he stopped him in eight rounds to win the IBF belt.

In 1999, he faced Lennox Lewis in a split draw, but was defeated in a rematch eight months later. The following year, he won a unanimous decision over John Ruiz for the vacant WBA heavyweight championship, becoming the first boxer to win a version of the heavyweight title four times.

Holyfield would lose a rematch with Ruiz seven months later and would face him for the third time in a draw.

Holyfield is still an active Boxer as of 2011 and has a professional record of 44 wins, 10 losses, 1 draw and 1 no contest. He is ranked #77 on Ring Magazine's list of 100 greatest punchers of all time. Evander Holyfield is ranked as the Greatest Cruiserweight of all time by The Boxing Scene and is considered one of the greatest Heavyweights of all time by many.

Thomas Hearns was born in Memphis, Tennessee. 18th October 1958. Hearns captured the WBA World welterweight championship with a second round K.O of Pipino Cuevas on August 2nd 1980. On September 16th 1981, leading after 13 rounds, he was stopped in the 14th by Sugar Ray Leonard, losing his title. In 1982 he won the WBC super-welterweight crown from Wilfred Benitez, and defended it in 1984 with a devastating K.O of legendary Roberto Duran. On April 15th 1985 he was KO’d by Marvin Hagler in a bid for Hagler’s middleweight crown. In 1987, Hearns scored a TKO to win the WBC light heavyweight crown defeating Dennis Andries.

He won the WBC World middleweight crown on October 29th 1987, with a K.O of Juan Domingo Roldan. He lost it the following June to Iran Barkley but later that year won the WBO super middleweight title. He defended it against Leonard, a fight ruled a draw although most thought Hearns won clearly. In 1991 he re-won the light heavyweight title from Virgil Hill.