Larry Holmes vs Eric BUTTERBEAN Esch Heavyweight Contest Which Was To Be Holmes Last Fight Official Press Pack SIGNED By Larry Holmes

Larry Holmes vs Eric BUTTERBEAN Esch Heavyweight Contest Which Was To Be Holmes Last Fight Official Press Pack SIGNED By Larry Holmes

Larry Holmes vs Eric "Butterbean" Esch heavyweight contest which was to be Holmes last fight official press pack SIGNED by Larry Holmes billed, "Respect", 27th July 2002, Scope Arena, Norfolk, Virginia.

Press packs are information packages that are assembled by promoters for members of the media who are assigned to report on the fight. A pack usually contains statistics and bio's on all the fighters and various personnel of the fight. All put together in an attractive folder.

Condition excellent

Holmes W unanimous decision over 10 rounds
*Esch was credited with a knockdown in round 10, which Holmes claimed was only a slip.

Price: £35

Please view shipping amounts or please contact us for any other enquiries.

Shipping Amount:   £

Larry Holmes (born November 3, 1949) is a former professional boxer. He grew up in Easton, Pennsylvania, which gave birth to his boxing nickname, The Easton Assassin.

Holmes, whose left jab is rated among the best in boxing history, was the WBC Heavyweight Champion from 1978 to 1983, The Ring Heavyweight Champion from 1980 to 1985, and the IBF Heavyweight Champion from 1983 to 1985.

He made twenty successful title defences, which places him third behind only Joe Louis' twenty-five and Wladimir Klitschko's twenty-one.

Holmes won his first forty-eight professional bouts, including victories over Earnie Shavers, Ken Norton, Muhammad Ali, Mike Weaver, Gerry Cooney, Tim Witherspoon and Marvis Frazier, and fell one short of matching Rocky Marciano's career record of 49-0 when he lost to Michael Spinks in 1985.

Holmes retired after losing a rematch to Spinks, but made repeated comebacks and was unsuccessful in four (Tyson, Holyfield, McCall and Nielsen) further attempts to regain the title, the last in 1995. He had his last fight in 2002 and ended with a career record of 69-6. He is frequently ranked as one of the greatest heavyweights of all time and has been inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame and the World Boxing Hall of Fame.

Early Life
Holmes was the fourth of twelve children born to John and Flossie Holmes. When the family moved to Easton in 1954, Holmes' father went to Connecticut, where he worked as a gardener until his death in 1970. He visited his family every three weeks. "He didn't forsake us," said Flossie Holmes. "He just didn't have anything to give." The family survived on welfare.

To help support his family, Holmes dropped out of school when he was in the seventh grade and went to work at a car wash for $1 an hour. He later drove a dump truck and worked in a quarry.

Amateur Boxing Career
When Holmes was nineteen, he started boxing. In his twenty-second bout, he boxed Duane Bobick in the 1972 Olympic Trials. Holmes was dropped in the first round with a right to the head. He got up and danced out of range, landing several stiff jabs in the process. Bobick mauled Holmes in the second round but couldn't corner him. The referee warned Holmes twice in the second for holding. In the third, Bobick landed several good rights and started to corner Holmes, who continued to hold. Eventually, Holmes was disqualified for excessive holding.

Early Boxing Career
After compiling an amateur record of 19-3, Holmes turned professional on March 21, 1973, winning a four-round decision against Rodell Dupree. Early in his career, he worked as a sparring partner for Muhammad Ali, Joe Frazier, Earnie Shavers, and Jimmy Young. He was paid well and learned a lot. "I was young, and I didn't know much. But I was holding my own sparring those guys," Holmes said. "I thought, 'hey, these guys are the best, the champs. If I can hold my own now, what about later?'"

Holmes first gained credibility as a contender when he upset the hard-punching Earnie Shavers in March 1978. Holmes won by a lopsided twelve-round unanimous decision, winning every round on two scorecards and all but one on the third.

Holmes's victory over Shavers set up a title shot between Holmes and WBC Heavyweight Champion Ken Norton in Las Vegas, Nevada on June 9, 1978.

WBC Heavyweight Champion
The fight between Holmes and Norton was a tough, competitive fight. After fourteen rounds, all three judges had the fight scored dead even at seven rounds each. Holmes rallied late in the fifteenth to win the round on two scorecards and take the title by a split decision.

In his first two title defences, Holmes easily knocked out Alfredo Evangelista and Ossie Ocasio. His third title defence was a tough one. On June 22, 1979, Holmes faced future WBA Heavyweight Champion Mike Weaver, who was lightly regarded going into the fight sporting an uninspiring 19-8 record. After ten tough rounds, Holmes dropped Weaver with a right uppercut late in round eleven. In the twelfth, Holmes immediately went on the attack, backing Weaver into the ropes and pounding him with powerful rights until the referee stepped in and stopped it. "This man knocked the devil out of me," Holmes said. "This man might not have had credit before tonight, but you'll give it to him now."

Three months later, on September 28, 1979, Holmes had a rematch with Shavers, who got a title shot by knocking out Ken Norton in one round. Holmes dominated the first six rounds, but in the seventh, Shavers sent Holmes down with a devastating overhand right. Holmes got up, survived the round, and went on to stop Shavers in the eleventh.

His next three defences were knockouts of Lorenzo Zanon, Leroy Jones, and Scott LeDoux.

On October 2, 1980, at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas, Holmes defended his title against Ali, who was coming out of retirement in an attempt to become the first four-time World Heavyweight Champion. Holmes dominated Ali from start to finish, winning every round on every scorecard. At the end of the tenth round, Ali's trainer, Angelo Dundee, stopped the fight. It would be Ali's only loss without "going the distance" for a judges' decision. After the win, Holmes received recognition as World Heavyweight Champion by The Ring magazine.

Ali blamed his poor performance on thyroid medication that he had been taking, claiming that it helped him lose weight (he weighed 217½, his lowest weight since he fought George Foreman in 1974), but it also left him drained for the fight.

Holmes seemed to show signs of regret, or at least sadness, in punishing Ali so much during the fight. He appeared in a post fight interview with tears in his eyes as he was asked why he was crying, replying that he respected Ali "a whole lot" and "he fought one of the baddest heavyweights in the World today, and you cannot take credit from him".

After eight consecutive knockouts, Holmes was forced to go the distance when he successfully defended his title against future WBC Heavyweight Champion Trevor Berbick on April 11, 1981. In his next fight, two months later, Holmes knocked out former Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion Leon Spinks in three rounds. On November 6, 1981, Holmes rose from a seventh-round knockdown (during which he staggered into the turnbuckle) to stop Renaldo Snipes in the eleventh.

Holmes vs Cooney
On June 11, 1982, Holmes defended his title against Gerry Cooney, the undefeated #1 contender and an Irish-American.

The lead up to the fight had many racial overtones. Holmes said that if Cooney wasn't white, he wouldn't be getting the same purse as the champion (Both boxers received $10 million for the bout). Although Cooney tried to deflect questions about race, members of his camp wore shirts that said "Not the White Man, but the Right Man."

Many felt Holmes was unfairly slighted leading up to the fight.

In their fight previews, Sports Illustrated and Time put Cooney on the cover, not Holmes. President Ronald Reagan had a phone installed in Cooney's dressing room so he could call him if he won the fight. Holmes had no such arrangement. Lastly, boxing tradition dictates that the champion is introduced last, but the challenger, Cooney, was introduced last.

The bout was held in a 32,000 seat stadium erected in a Caesar's Palace Parking lot, with millions more watching around the World. After an uneventful first round, Holmes dropped Cooney with a right in the second. Cooney came back well in the next two rounds, jarring Holmes with his powerful left hook. Holmes later said that Cooney "hit me so damned hard, I felt it - boom - in my bones.

Cooney was tiring by the ninth, a round in which he had two points deducted for low blows. In the tenth, they traded punches relentlessly. At the end of the round, the two nodded to each other in respect.

Cooney lost another point because of low blows in the eleventh. By then, Holmes was landing with ease. In the thirteenth, a barrage of punches sent Cooney down. He got up, but his trainer, Victor Valle, stepped into the ring and stopped the fight.

After the fight, Holmes and Cooney became close friends.

Trouble With The WBC
Holmes' next two fights were one-sided decision wins over Randall "Tex" Cobb and Lucien Rodriguez. On May 23, 1983, Holmes defended his title against Tim Witherspoon, the future WBC and WBA Heavyweight Champion. Witherspoon, a six to one underdog and with only 15 professional bouts to his name, surprised many by giving Holmes a difficult fight. After twelve rounds, Holmes retained the title by a disputed split decision. Boxing Monthly named it one of the ten most controversial decisions of all time.

On September 10, 1983, Holmes successfully defended the WBC title for the sixteenth time, knocking out Scott Frank in five rounds. Holmes then signed to fight Marvis Frazier, son of Joe Frazier, on November 25, 1983. The WBC refused to sanction the fight against the unranked Frazier. They ordered Holmes to fight Greg Page, the #1 contender, or be stripped of the title. Promoter Don King offered Holmes $2.55 million to fight Page, but the champion didn't think that was enough.

He was making $3.1 million to fight Frazier and felt he should get as much as $5 million to fight Page.

Holmes had an easy time with Frazier, knocking him out in the first round. The following month, Holmes relinquished the WBC championship and accepted recognition as World Heavyweight Champion by the newly formed International Boxing Federation.

IBF Heavyweight Champion
Holmes signed to fight Gerrie Coetzee, the WBA Champion, on June 15, 1984 at Caesar's Palace. The fight was being promoted by JPD Inc., but it was canceled when Caesar's Palace said the promoters failed to meet the financial conditions of the contract. Holmes was promised $13 million and Coetzee was promised $8 million. Even after cutting the purses dramatically, they still couldn't come up with enough financial backing to stage the fight. Don King then planned to promote the fight, but Holmes lost a lawsuit filed by Virginia attorney Richard Hirschfeld, who said he had a contract with Holmes that gave him right of first refusal on a Holmes-Coetzee bout. Holmes then decided to move on and fight someone else.

On November 9, 1984, after a year out of the ring, Holmes made his first defence of the IBF title, stopping James "Bonecrusher" Smith on a cut in the twelfth round. In the first half of 1985, Holmes stopped David Bey in ten rounds for his 19th title defence. His next against Carl "The Truth" Williams was unexpectedly tough. The younger, quicker Williams was able to out-jab the aging champion, who was left with a badly swollen eye by the end of the bout.

Holmes emerged with a close, and disputed, fifteen-round unanimous decision.

On September 21, 1985, Holmes lost the IBF title by a close fifteen-round unanimous decision to Michael Spinks, who became the first reigning World Light Heavyweight Champion to win the World Heavyweight Championship. If Holmes had been victorious against Spinks, he would have tied Rocky Marciano's career record of 49-0. After the fight, a bitter Holmes said, "Rocky Marciano couldn't carry my jockstrap.

Holmes received a lot of criticism for the remarks. Shortly afterward, he apologized. Holmes had a rematch with Spinks on April 19, 1986. Spinks retained the title with a disputed fifteen-round split decision. The judges scored the fight: Judge Joe Cortez 144-141 (Holmes), Judge Frank Brunette 141-144 (Spinks) and Judge Jerry Roth 142-144 (Spinks.)

In a post-fight interview with HBO, Holmes said, "the judges, the referees and promoters can kiss me where the sun don't shine - and because we're on HBO, that's my big black behind."

On November 6, 1986, three days after his 37th birthday, Holmes announced his retirement.

On January 22, 1988, Holmes was lured out of retirement by a $2.8 million purse to challenge reigning Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion Mike Tyson. Tyson dropped Holmes in the fourth round with an overhand right. Holmes got up, but Tyson put him down two more times in the round, and the fight was stopped. It was the only time Holmes would be knocked out in his lengthy career. After the fight, Holmes once again retired.

Holmes returned to the ring in 1991. After five straight wins, he fought Ray Mercer, the undefeated 1988 Olympic Gold Medalist, on February 7, 1992. Holmes pulled off the upset and won by a twelve-round unanimous decision. The win got Holmes a shot at Evander Holyfield for the Undisputed World Heavyweight Championship. On June 19, 1992, Holyfield defeated Holmes by a twelve-round unanimous decision.

Holmes won seven consecutive fights and then got another title shot. On April 8, 1995, he fought Oliver McCall for the WBC title. Holmes lost by a close twelve-round unanimous decision. Two of the judges had him losing by only one point, while the other judge had him losing by three points.

On January 24, 1997, Holmes went to Denmark to fight Brian Nielsen, who was 31-0. Nielsen won by a twelve-round split decision to retain the International Boxing Organization title.

Holmes and George Foreman signed to fight on January 23, 1999 at the Houston Astrodome. Foreman called off the fight several weeks before it was to take place because the promoter failed to meet the deadline for paying him the remaining $9 million of his $10 million purse. Foreman received a nonrefundable $1 million deposit, and Holmes got to keep a $400,000 down payment of his $4 million purse.

Holmes' next two fights were rematches with old foes. On June 18, 1999, he stopped "Bonecrusher" Smith in eight rounds, and on November 17, 2000, he stopped Mike Weaver in six.

Holmes in Beaufort, South Carolina in 2010.
Holmes' final fight was on July 27, 2002 in Norfolk, Virginia. He defeated Eric "Butterbean" Esch by a ten-round unanimous decision.

Holmes was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 2008.

Life After Boxing
Holmes invested the money he earned from boxing and settled in his hometown of Easton. When he retired from boxing, Holmes employed more than 200 people through his various business holdings. In 2008, he owned two restaurants and a nightclub, a training facility, an office complex, a snack food bar and slot machines. Holmes currently co-hosts a talk show "What The Heck Were They Thinking?"

In 2014, Holmes sold his business complex in Easton to business entrepreneur Gerald Gorman

Eric Scott Esch (born August 3, 1966) an American heavyweight boxer, kick boxer, professional wrestler, and mixed martial artist commonly referred to as Butterbean.

He is the former IBA Super-Heavyweight Champion and also held the WAA Heavyweight title.

His combined professional fight record currently stands at 97 wins with 67 knockouts, 20 losses and 5 draws.

Butterbean currently resides in Jasper, Alabama where he owns a restaurant, Mr Bean BBQ.

Fighting Career - Boxing
Known as the "King of the 4 rounders", Butterbean developed a cult following after he burst onto the Toughman Contest scene in Texarkana, AR before entering the World of professional boxing in 1994. He was a five time World Toughman Heavyweight Champion with a record of 56-5 with 36 knockouts (not counted towards pro career). It has been said that he got his nickname when he had to go on a diet (consisting mostly of chicken and butterbeans) to meet the Toughman 400-pound weight limit.

Butterbean is a very popular fighter, having more televised matches than most professionals. He stated in an interview with BoxingInsider: "It took off pretty quick (his popularity), my second pro fight was on national TV—it don’t happen like that, normally you get 15, 20 fights and then you get a TV fight unless you’re very fortunate. Tyson, his second pro fight wasn’t on TV. He probably had five or six, seven fights before he got on TV. Me, my second pro fight was televised, it was on a Jed Hearns undercard. Then a couple more fights and I’m on TV again, and every fight since then was televised. It just don’t happen like that. I’ve probably had more televised fights than any World champion out there."

While a majority of his opponents were technically limited club-level fighters early in his career, he did move up the ranks to win the IBA Super-Heavyweight Championship on April 12, 1997 (which he never lost before relinquishing the title). Butterbean faced former WBC and IBF World Champion 52 year old Larry Holmes in 2002, and while Holmes won a unanimous 10-round decision, Butterbean was credited with a controversial knockdown in the final round. Holmes fought a fight on points, playing on his reach advantage, fearful of Butterbean’s knockout punch. This was one of only three fights in a 109 fight career that was scheduled for more than four rounds. Esch's most recent title shot came on October 15, 2005 when he lost a split decision against George Linberger for the NABC Super-Heavyweight title (whom Esch had beaten in March 2000 in his final defence of the IBA title, taking Linberger's WAA Heavyweight title).

On March 9, 2007, Esch defeated Joe Siciliano at the Palladium. That same night, Esch's son, Brandon "Babybean", lost in his professional debut against Matthew Eckerly.

Esch lost via 1st round KO for the EBF title against Mark Potter at the Syndicte Nightclub in Blackpool, England on the 14th September 2008. This fight has not been recorded on boxrec.com or any other site of the same nature, as Potter was not licensed at the time.

On October 3, 2009 Esch lost a four round split decision to Harry Funmaker whom he earlier beat on two occasions. After the bout he announced his retirement.

Butterbean ventured into the sport of kickboxing in 2003. His first bout was a 1st round knockout of two-time K-1 World Champion Yusuke Fujimoto at K-1 Beast. Esch lost a controversial decision to Amada, as quoted “Amada, he’s tough. He’s more of a boxer than a kicker, I beat him pretty good, but they gave the decision to him. It was his hometown, his home country. After the fight he ended up in the hospital and I was fine”. Esch was scheduled to take on Bob Sapp one week later, but Sapp’s management pulled out of the fight after watching the Esch – Amada fight. Butterbean said “They (Sapp’s management) found out that Amada went to the hospital and canceled the next week. They looked at the damage I installed on Amada”.

Most recently he beat Bo Lam Moon in the first round by KO. His record currently stands at 3 wins 4 losses.

Mixed Martial Arts
Butterbean holds the current Elite 1 MMA Super Heavyweight Title as of May 2011.

Butterbean's previous fighting experiences led him to venture into mixed martial arts. At K-1 Premium 2003 on December 31, 2003, Butterbean lost his first MMA bout to 155-pound Japanese fighter Genki Sudo via tap out to a heel hook. Esch regrouped, going 6-0-1 in appearances in King of the Cage, Gracie Fightfest, and Rumble on the Rock including a TKO stoppage of Cabbage Correira. Esch returned to Japan with the PRIDE Fighting Championships on August 26, 2006 to compete at Bushido 12 against Ikuhisa Minowa, a 185-pound fighter, to whom he lost via armbar at 4:25 of round one.

Less than two months later, Butterbean was scheduled to fight K-1 legend Mark Hunt at Pride FC's first North American show on October 21, 2006. Due to an injury Hunt sustained in training, Esch was matched up against Irish-American professional wrestler and mixed martial artist Sean O'Haire, whom he defeated via knockout at 30 seconds in the first round.

Besides his two submission losses to much smaller opponents (Genki Sudo and Ikuhisa Minowa), Butterbean's only other loss came to then Cage Rage World Heavyweight Champion Rob Broughton. On February 10, Butterbean rebounded by knocking out James Thompson 43 seconds into the first round at Cage Rage 20. Butterbean then defeated Zuluzinho via submission at PRIDE 34 on April 8, 2007. Although he's been overweight throughout his career, at the time of the fight, Esch weighed an astonishing 407 pounds (185 kg) to match his opponent's weight, who also weighs 185 kg but is 8 inches (20 centimeters) taller.

Butterbean's next fight was on July 14 against current Cage Rage World Heavyweight Champion Tengiz Tedoradze at Cage Rage 22, losing via TKO. Global Fighting Championships had scheduled a main event bout between Esch and Ruben Villareal for their inaugural event, but the event was cancelled when half the scheduled matchups could not take place due to medical issues (Esch vs Villareal was the only viable main event). He was then scheduled to fight Jimmy Ambriz as the main event of Xcess Fighting's debut card, but was a no show for the weigh-in citing scheduling conflicts.

Esch most recently defeated Tom Howard by submission around 4:47 in the first round in an exhibition in his hometown of Jasper, Alabama. His youngest son Caleb lost that night, whilst his oldest son Brandon "Babybean" Esch making his Pro MMA debut won, via 22 second TKO.

Esch has said he has fought his final US fight, and will be fully retired soon, after other international obligations are completed.

Butterbean was due to take on Tank Abbott at the Alababma Pride event on 29 Sept 2009, but Abbott pulled out at last minute.

On September 18, 2010, Esch was defeated by Mariusz Pudzianowski by submission due to strikes at KSW XIV. After several exchanges of strikes on the feet, Pudzianowski attacked and took Esch down, proceeding to throw numerous punches from side control in a ground-and-pound attack. Esch, unable to get to his feet, submitted at just 1:15 into the first round.

Esch was next scheduled to take on up and coming super heavyweight Deon West at the “LFC 43: Wild Thang” MMA internet pay-per-view on 12/10/2010. The main event of LFC 43: After a heated contest, Deon did not rise for the third round. Butterbean humbled Deon West via TKO at 5:00 of Round 2.

Elite 1 MMA announced that former boxer turned Mixed Martial Artist Eric “Butterbean” Esch will take his 16-8 MMA record to Moncton, New Brunswick on May 7 to face Dean Storey (0-0 MMA; 8-16-2 Boxing) for the Elite 1 MMA Super Heavyweight Title.

Butterbean (Eric Esch) defeated Dean Storey at Elite 1 MMA: High Voltage on May 7, 2011 in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada to claim the promotions super heavyweight title. With the win, Butterbean runs his MMA record to 17-8-1, and is now on a two fight win streak. He knocked out Storey 24 seconds into the 2nd round.

Esch credits his recent lack of weight as contributing to his recent two outstanding wins. “A lot of people don't realize that I lost a lot of weight recently," he said. "A year ago, I was over 500 pounds. It's not like I'm a big eater. I never have been a big eater. Everybody thought I was because of my size. I found out a year ago my thyroid was messed up. My body wasn't working right so I couldn't lose weight. I'm training, watching my diet and my thyroid is no longer a problem since I started taking medication. I'm losing six to eight pounds per week now. I've lost almost one foot and a half around me in the past year. The lowest I've been since age 12 was 300 pounds. My goal is to get back down to 300 pounds." Esch, 44, figures he has one year left in the fight game. "I still have fun," he said. "I don't fight anywhere near as much as I used to. I'm down to four or five fights per year now compared to 12-15 in the past. I've accomplished pretty much everything I want in the fight game." Esch likes to consider himself different than most fighters. "After the fight, I'll shake hands with the fans and sign autographs," he said. "A lot of fighters think as soon as the fight is over they can go home and realistically that's all they have to do. I enjoy being nice to the fans. My reward is when people tell me they enjoyed watching me fight. The fans are what make it worthwhile. If it wasn't for the fans, I would be done."

On October 7, 2011, Butterbean took on the popular and undefeated Montreal boxer Eric Barrak, who has decided to try his hand at MMA. Barrak just finished up a two fight contract with Montreal’s SP Promotion and is looking to move up in the heavyweight boxing ranks, but is well suited for the MMA fight game with his raw power and quick reflexes. He has finished four of his five professional fights by way of 1st round stoppage. The show also features Patrick Cote, Crafton Wallace, Steve Bosse, and Houston Alexander.

Professional Wrestling
Butterbean made his independent wrestling debut at the Birmingham Jefferson Civic Center in Birmingham, AL on March 28, 2009 at the ImagiCon horror movie, sci-fi movie, and comic book convention and was victorious against rapper/professional wrestler/film maker/actor Anthony "One Man Kru" Sanners via pinfall after smashing him with a vicious 400 lb. elbow drop.

Butterbean won the Pro Wrestling Syndicate Heavyweight Championship on May 29, 2009 after defeating Trent Acid. Butterbean lost the belt to Kevin Matthews on May 8, 2010 in White Plains, NY.

Butterbean has appeared twice in WWE events competing in boxing matches. In 1997, at the D-Generation X: In Your House pay-per-view event, he defeated Marc Mero (former Golden Gloves champion) via disqualification in a worked match. Two years later, Butterbean defeated "Toughman" Bart Gunn in a legitimate shootfight at WrestleMania XV, defeating the Brawl For All champion with ease, knocking him out in 27 seconds.

On April 1, 2011, Butterbean teamed with his Walker County Sheriff Deputy partner Adam Hadder to take on Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake and One Man Kru in a tag-team match at the Battle Against Drugs charity benefit which was taped for Butterbean's reality show Big Law. He appeared in February 2012 at Wrestlerama in Georgetown Guyana where on entering the ring he told the crowd Guyana is his second home and was booed off because he mispronounced Guyana.

Media Appearances
Big Law: Deputy Butterbean Esch is a reserve deputy sheriff in his hometown of Jasper, Alabama. He's the star in a new reality television documentary called Big Law Deputy Butterbean which will debut on the Investigation Discovery channel in August 2011. "They came to me wanting to do a reality documentary on my restaurant and I was in the process of closing my restaurant down," he said. "I said 'If you want something interesting and fun to watch, follow us on our drug busts in the sheriff's department.' They agreed people would be interested in this."They started following us, filming it and documenting us actually making the busts. You arrest somebody and say 'Look, if you don't want to go to jail you've got to help us bust a bigger guy.' We make a bigger bust from that. The whole goal is to get people on file and lessen the number of criminals on the streets."

Season 1 of Big Law Deputy Butterbean has already been filmed."I think this show is going to prove that people really care about the communities they lived in," said Esch. "There's going to be more people calling (the police station) saying 'Hey, this guy is doing this crime. You should look into it.' We want people to step forward and help the police clean up our communities."

The show has been cancelled as of 10/17/2011 due to low ratings. There will be no season 2.

Butterbean appeared in the film Jackass: The Movie, where he fought Johnny Knoxville in a department store. After the fight began Knoxville fell, got up, and hit Butterbean. Knoxville was floored by Esch and received several stitches in his head after the encounter (the camera catches Knoxville snoring).

Knoxville stated that Esch is actually quite friendly outside of the ring, despite his fearsome ringside demeanor.

Butterbean also appeared in the film Chairman of the Board as the Museum Security Guard with the "chia hair", a fact that is pointed out on the DVD commentary by the movie's star Scott "Carrot Top" Thompson.

Butterbean appeared on Adult Swim's Squidbillies where he sang the national anthem, and ended up beating up a fan for not taking off his hat.

Butterbean also appeared on CMT's Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Championship Wrestling television show, on Team Beefcake.

Butterbean was referenced on NBC's "Parenthood". The episode aired on October 5, 2010 and was titled "Date Night."

On July 16, 2005, Butterbean fought Dominic Dieter of Rover's Morning Glory, in downtown Cleveland, Ohio in a bout billed as "War on the Shore".

Video Games
Butterbean was featured as the cover character as well as the final boss character in the EA Sports title Toughman Contest released in July 1995 for the Sega Genesis and Sega 32X. He also appeared as a playable character in all of the EA Sports boxing video games in the Knockout Kings series. He was also implemented into Fight Night Champion with the help of CountryBoy74.

In the 2007 PC game The Witcher, the main character, Geralt of Rivia, can challenge a tavern fistfighter by the name of Butter Bean during the second chapter of the game. Butter Bean has a body structure similar to that of Eric Esch. The game also contains references to other fighters such as Andrew Golota.

Butterbean is a playable fighter in play now, legacy mode and online modes in EA's fifth installment of the Fight Night series Fight Night Champion.

Personal Life
Eric was born in Bay City, Michigan. He is married and has three children: sons Brandon and Caleb, and daughter, Grace.

Championships And Accomplishments

* IBA Super Heavyweight title. (One time)
* WAA Heavyweight title. (One time)

* Elite-1 MMA
* Elite-1 MMA Super Heavyweight Title (One time, current)