David Tua vs Hasim Rahman II Also Featuring Bernard Hopkins vs Morrade Hakkar Official Onsite Programme

David Tua vs Hasim Rahman II Also Featuring Bernard Hopkins vs Morrade Hakkar Official Onsite Programme

David Tua vs Hasim Rahman II also featuring Bernard Hopkins vs Morrade Hakkar WBC, WBA and IBF middleweight World title official on-site 22 page programme, 29th March 2003, Spectrum, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Condition very good (slight marking to top of front cover)

Tua vs Rahman - draw
* IBF heavyweight title eliminator. Tua was knocked down a split second after the bell rang and it was not ruled an official knockdown.

Hopkins W retired 8
* Hakkar down in 6th.
* Hakkar's corner stops the bout after the 8th.
* Hopkins defends his Ring Magazine middleweight World title.
* Hopkins was originally scheduled to fight Frenchman, Erland Betare, but he pulled out for unknown reasons.
* Hakkar was ranked #1 WBC Middleweight contender.

Price: £ SOLD

Please view shipping amounts or please contact us for any other enquiries.

Shipping Amount:   £

David "Tuamanator" Tua (born 21 November 1972 in Faleatiu, Upolu, Samoa) is a former New Zealand professional heavyweight, who fought out of South Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand.

He is a former WBO Asia Pacific and WBO Oriental Heavyweight champion.

Tua won the 1988 New Zealand Amateur Heavyweight championship, then in a series of fights became internationally respected for his devastating left hook. He won a Bronze medal at the 1992 Summer Olympics and later began his professional career. However, after 2003 his career drifted due to promotional disputes.

In 2009 he made a comeback, defeating Shane Cameron convincingly with a second round knock-out.

Tua announced his retirement from boxing in March 2012

Biography And Career
Tua was born in Faleatiu, on the island of Upolu on the northwestern coast of the island in Samoa. His boxing career began in New Zealand after his family emigrated there.

Amateur Career
In his early career, Tua trained three days a week at a small gym in Mangere Bridge, under boxing trainer Gerry Preston.

Tua became New Zealand national heavyweight champion in 1988 at age 15. He was surprisingly knocked out in the first round by three time Olympic gold medalist Félix Savón at the 1991 World Amateur Boxing Championships. At age 19 he won a Bronze Medal at the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona. He lost his semi-final to David Izonritei, whom he would later defeat as a professional. Tua turned professional later the same year.

Professional Career
Tua debuted in December 1992 and soon became internationally respected for having one of the most devastating left hooks in World boxing and for his ability to end fights early and to dish out severe punishment. In 2003 Tua was named the 48th greatest puncher of all time by Ring Magazine and of his first 27 fights, 23 were by knockout. Tua fought for the WBC, IBF, & IBO heavyweight titles in November 2000 - and went the distance in a 12 round bout - but lost on points by a wide margin to defending champion Lennox Lewis.

Tua is known for his devastating knockouts. In his 1997 fight with Ike Ibeabuchi, the two fighters combined to set the record for most punches thrown in a heavyweight fight on record. Ibeabuchi won the decision, handing Tua his first pro defeat. Prior to the loss, Tua had devastating KO wins against future titlist John Ruiz (via 1st round KO, in only 19 seconds) and Darroll Wilson. Tua also beat David Izon and future champion Oleg Maskaev to set up the fight with Ibeabuchi.

After the loss to Ibeabuchi, Tua took on future champ Hasim Rahman and stunningly TKO'd Rahman in the 10th round, a fight which Rahman had dominated up to that point. Rahman was stunned late in the 9th round from a punch after the bell, and never seemingly recovered, taking a pummelling in the 10th. The victory over Rahman marked the beginning of Tua's struggles with his weight. He ballooned up to 253 pounds when he defeated Obed Sullivan in 2000 by KO. Later that year, he weighed 245 pounds in the loss to Lennox Lewis. Tua was disappointing in the fight, with both fighters avoiding each other and Tua not throwing combinations. Tua lost a clear cut decision.

Following the Lewis loss, Tua regained steam with a KO over Danell Nicholson, but lost a close decision in his next fight to future champion Chris Byrd. In 2002 he beat prospect Fres Oquendo and demolished Michael Moorer in his next fight, via a powerful shot 30 seconds into the first round, which put Moorer out cold. In 2003 he drew in a 12 round rematch with Rahman - and following the fight his career drifted into obscurity due to promotional disputes.

2005 Comeback
Tua was inactive for over two years before he stepped into the ring March 31, 2005 and bested Talmadge Griffis in a 10 round bout - ending the match and earning a TKO victory with 26 seconds remaining. Tua's next contest in October, 2005 ended in a split decision over Cisse Salif with Tua dominating in the late rounds.

Tua defeated Edward Gutierrez by knockout in the fourth round of a scheduled 10-rounder on July 26, 2006. The fight was held at the Manhattan Center ballroom in New York City, and featured on ESPN2. Tua started slowly, scored a knockdown with his famous left hook in the second round, and put Gutierrez down for the count in the fourth round with a combination of two left hooks, one to the head and the decisive one to the body.

In November 2006 Tua defeated Maurice Wheeler in the seventh round of a scheduled 10-rounder by knockout. Tua ended the bout with a solid left uppercut to the body which immediately sent the howling Wheeler to the canvas.

Tua continued his comeback in February 2007 with a unanimous decision over Robert Hawkins in a 10 round bout. Tua ended the match being the aggressor and hurt Hawkins in both the ninth and tenth rounds with body punches but was unable to end the match with a knockout.

Tua, looking in good shape and weighing in at 237½ lbs (his lightest fight weight since 2001), was featured as the main event of a Pay Per View show August 18, 2007 in Sandy, UT and ended the bout quickly with a first round knockout of Mexican champion Saul Montana. Tua threw two powerful left hooks to the head that sent Montana sprawling to the canvas giving Tua his sixth win in a row.

Tua, again looking in good shape and weighing in at 234 lbs, fought the unheralded Cerrone Fox at the Soaring Eagle Casino, Mt. Pleasant, Michigan on September 7, 2007. Tua made short work of his over matched opponent ending the bout at 1:41 of the second round.

While Tua's promoter, Cedric Kushner, stated David was scheduled to fight an opponent on October 18, 2007, the fight never materialized.

2009 Comeback
Tua fought fellow New Zealander Shane Cameron at Mystery Creek, Hamilton on October 3, 2009 with Tua knocking Cameron out seven seconds into the second round to pick up the WBO Asia Pacific and Oriental Heavyweight titles. The fight had been scheduled for an earlier date, but was delayed due to Cameron having surgery on a fractured hand.

On March 31, 2010 Tua fought Friday Ahunanya, winning on points after 12 rounds.

The Tua-Barrett fight had been tentatively scheduled for June 26 in São Paulo, Brazil however the fight was moved to July 17 at the Tropicana Casino and Resort in Atlantic City in a bid to promote David Tua's career in the US. 38 year old Monte Barrett (34-9, 20 KO’s) was viewed by some as an easy opponent for Tua as he had lost his previous three fights. The match was a controversial draw with Tua being knocked down for the first time in his professional career late in the 12th round.

Tua is currently ranked 3rd in the heavyweight division by the WBO.

Tua fought journeyman boxer Demetrice King on March 19, 2011. Tua Defeated King by Unanimous Decision with the scores: 100-91, 100-91 & 100-90.

Tua's Rematch Against Monte Barrett on August 13, 2011 resulted in a unanimous point decision going in favour of Monte' Barrett. The judges scored the bout 113-112 115-112 115-112. Despite knocking Barrett down in the final round with a devastating left hook double right hand combination, Tua had a somewhat subdued fight up until that point.

Struggling with range and accuracy Tua landed few effective shots in the early rounds and Barrett was able to control the majority of the fight with his superior reach and a very effective jab.

In December 2011, it emerged Monte Barrett tested positive for banned stimulant methylhex-anemine following a urine test after his August 13points decision over the Kiwi-Samoan boxer. Blair Edwards Tua'a lawyer, called for action against the 40-year-old New Yorker requesting the return of Tua's WBO Asia-Pacific and Oriental titles and restoration of ranking points.

Outside The Ring
On October 10, 1992 Tua appeared on the New Zealand version of the gameshow Wheel of Fortune. He asked for an "O for Olsen" (a reference to Olsen Filipaina) but this was heard by some as "O for awesome". He requested "P" when buying a vowel on the same episode. He was also heard to ask if he could buy a "constonant" during the same show.

From 1992 to 2003, Tua was managed by former boxer Kevin Barry, who also trained him from 2001. But in 2003, Tua ended his business relationship with Barry and financial manager Martin Pugh. Though Barry accepted his dismissal as trainer, he resisted Tua's decision to end their contract, which still had two years to go. In 2004, Tua's accountant learned that the boxer's finances with his boxing company, Tuaman Inc. Ltd., were tangled with company expenses; Tua no longer had most of his $NZ 20 million in purses from his professional matches, and important assets Tua thought he owned alone were anything but, including a piece of coastal land at Pakiri. Tuaman Inc. Ltd had business expenses flowing in various directions, involving companies and clients Tua had no knowledge of. Tua's own home was purchased with borrowed money, and the boxer's purses were linked to renovation costs for Martin Pugh's property. These findings were based on documents from Pugh's offices. Court action was inevitable.

In 2005 Tua took Kevin Barry and Martin Pugh to court over their business arrangements. Barry and Pugh have accused Tua of manipulating them to collect revenue, yet Tua maintained that he knew little of the men's affairs and did what they told him to do out of trust. The dispute has so far given both sides legal victories: over the issue of the coastal land property, the court ruled in favor of Barry and Pugh, since Tua failed to properly clarify his ownership over the land; on the issue of the terminated 2003 contract, the court ruled in Tua's favour, concluding he clearly owed no expenses to his former management from that contract. The courts are currently preparing to handle the other issues of the boxer's company's finances.

In October and December 2006, Tua was challenged by fellow boxer and countryman Shane Cameron. With Cameron's 17 straight victories and a ranking from the International Boxing Federation, there has been media attention given to Cameron.

However, Tua's camp has resisted the challenge, asking Cameron to first build up his profile in the United States to attract promoters before fighting Tua. Tua himself has stated that such a match would mostly benefit Cameron. In March 2007 Cameron, now with 19 wins, again challenged Tua.

In May 2007, Cedric Kushner, president of Gotham Boxing Inc. and Tua's promoter, filed a $5 million lawsuit against IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko and promoter Shelly Finkel among others - and while the lawsuit is unrelated to Tua, Kushner has stated he will drop the lawsuit if Tua is given a title bout against Klitschko in 2008, which ultimately failed to materialize.

In September 2009 Tua lost an aunt in the Samoa tsunami. In early October he travelled to Samoa with cousin Va'aiga Tuigamala to see how they could help.

Tua is a member of the legendary Anoa'i wrestling family.

David Tua has two children, both boys.

Tua has won 29 of his fights without going to the fourth round; two of his fights lasted less than 30 seconds (he KO'd Michael Moorer in 30 seconds, and floored John Ruiz in 19), a record tied by only one other boxer, Jeremy Williams. At least two more of Tua's bouts have lasted under a minute, although full records of his early fights are incomplete, so he may have more short bouts.

In 2003, Tua was ranked 48th on Ring Magazine's list of 100 greatest punchers of all time.

While Tua received only one shot at a heavyweight title belt, he owns victories over fighters John Ruiz (two-time heavyweight champion), Hasim Rahman (two-time heavyweight champion), Fres Oquendo (two-time heavyweight title challenger), Oleg Maskaev (former WBC heavyweight champion), and Michael Moorer (three-time heavyweight champion).

Hasim "The Rock" Sharif Rahman (born November 7, 1972) Became the WBC, IBF, and IBO World heavyweight champion by knocking out Lennox Lewis in 2001. Rahman lives in Las Vegas, and trains in Rochester, New York.

Professional Career
Rahman grew up in Baltimore, but unlike most championship boxers, got a relatively late start in the sport. He was an enforcer for drug dealers, and was known for surviving several shootings. He nearly died in a car accident (which left him with a permanent scar on his cheek) and once survived a shooting where five bullets entered his body. He took up boxing at age 20 and had just 10 amateur bouts before making his pro debut on December 3, 1994 at age 22.

Despite his inexperience, Rahman had obvious natural boxing skills that propelled him to 11 knockout wins in his first 12 fights. Then he took a step up in class in March 1996 with a 10-round decision win over veteran Ross Puritty and seven months later, he repeated the feat against former World champion Trevor Berbick.

In July 1997, he won the USBA regional heavyweight title, and four months later, he added another regional belt, the IBF Intercontinental heavyweight title. Defending the USBA title three times and the Intercontinental belt twice. By the fall of 1998, he was ranked as one of the top five heavyweights in the World.

On December 19, 1998, Rahman faced fellow contender David Tua in a fight to determine the IBF's mandatory contender.

Rahman was using his power jab well, out boxing Tua virtually every round. After the bell of the 9th round of Tua staggered him with a devastating punch that dazed Rahman. Rahman was never given any extra time to recover from the blow. At the beginning of the next round Tua pounced on him immediately, the referee jumped in when Rahman was bobbing and weaving. Tua won by TKO, it was argued that it should have been a DQ.

Because of the controversial nature of the loss, Rahman's ranking did not suffer, but in November 1999, he was knocked out by Oleg Maskaev in the eighth round of a fight he looked to be winning, and actually went through the ropes onto the floor, hitting his head on the floor and almost getting a tv monitor on his privates, luckily somebody caught it.

He was dropped out of the Ring Magazine top 10 as a result of the surprise loss. Rahman later said that he'd seen Maskaev earlier in his career get knocked out in the first round by former champion Oliver Mccall and he assumed he was brought in as an easy win. Because of this, he didn't train as hard as he should have and was beaten.

Winning The Heavyweight Championship
Rahman came back with three wins, including one in May 2000 over Corrie Sanders in a war in which he was dropped twice and came back to win in 7, and after that he was moved back up in the rankings. Finally, on April 22, 2001, Rahman earned a shot at Lennox Lewis the WBC and IBF heavyweight champion with a win over a journeyman.

In the fight, held at Brakpan, South Africa, Lewis and Rahman traded hard blows for five rounds before Rahman, a 20-to-1 underdog, stunned the crowd by knocking Lewis out with one punch. It was only the second loss of Lewis' career, and made Rahman the third Muslim, after Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson, to hold a World heavyweight title. (Since 2001, the list has grown to include Eastern European champions Ruslan Chagaev and Sultan Ibragimov.)

Lewis had an immediate-rematch clause in the contract for his defence against Hasim, and chose to invoke it. Rahman and his new promoter, Don King, made plans to defend the titles against David Izon, rather than giving Lewis his rematch.

Lewis sued Rahman in U.S. federal court to enforce their contract. The judge, Neil McCluskey sided with Lewis and on November 17, 2001, in Las Vegas, Nevada, the two men met again. This time, Lewis knocked Rahman out in the fourth round.

Rahman's comeback fight ended in disappointment, he was beaten by a technical decision by aging former champion Evander Holyfield after headbutts from Holyfield caused a massive swelling on Rahman's forehead. On March 29, 2003, Rahman faced Tua for a second time. The fight was ruled a draw after one judge scored it for Rahman, a second for Tua and a third had the score even. Rahman came in at the heaviest weight of his career. In June, Rahman was elevated to the No. 1 contender's position by the WBC. On December 13, Rahman was matched with former WBA World champion John Ruiz, in a match for an Interim WBA heavyweight title (Caused by Roy Jones deciding whether he wanted to stay a heavyweight or return to Light Heavyweight). Rahman was favored, but he lost by (twelve round) unanimous decision and again was out of condition.

After this defeat, Rahman stepped back to a lower level of competition and defeated four journeyman fighters while working to get back into shape. His efforts paid off when he was rewarded with a fight against Kali Meehan on November 13, 2004. The fight was an elimination bout for the IBF, WBA, and WBC, with the winner being the number-one contender in more than one World-title organization. Rahman scored the victory by a fourth-round knockout at New York City's Madison Square Garden.

Klitschko Fight Cancellations
The WBC designated Rahman as Vitali Klitschko's next mandatory challenger; the fight was set for April 30, 2005.

Klitschko injured his thigh while training for the fight, so it was rescheduled for June 18. As this date approached, Klitschko's camp said that the thigh had not fully healed; the WBC made July 23 the new fight date. Soon after this second postponement, Vitali's doctors reportedly discovered back injuries that they said demanded minor-yet-immediate corrective surgery. The WBC pushed Rahman's title shot back again, this time to November 12; Rahman's share of the purse following this match would reportedly be around $4.2 million (U.S.).

After this third rescheduling, Rahman, fought for a WBC "Interim" heavyweight championship and defeated Monte Barrett on August 13, 2005, via unanimous decision.

At this point, Klitschko would be stripped of his WBC title if his first fight back was not against Rahman. On November 7, it was announced that Klitschko had suffered severe right knee injuries during training; the WBC said it would strip him of the championship if he was unable to box within 60–90 days of a soon-to-be-announced base date. However, on November 9, Vitali Klitschko retired instead. On November 10, 2005, the WBC voted to award its heavyweight championship to Rahman, making Rahman a two time heavyweight champion.

Career After Klitschko Crisis
On December 9, 2005, a U.S. Bankruptcy Court judge ended Rahman's contract with Don King and he signed instead with Top Rank Boxing.

Oleg Maskaev vs. Hasim Rahman II; photo courtesy Bret Newton.On March 18, 2006, Rahman fought James Toney to a draw, in 12-round fight in Atlantic City, New Jersey, and he retained the WBC heavyweight title. On August 12, 2006, Rahman lost the WBC heavyweight championship to rival Oleg Maskaev by 12th Round TKO in a mandatory defence of his title. Afterwards he said he should have followed his trainer's game plan. October 25, 2006, Rahman fought the notorious former marine Brock Myers, in bizarre circumstances Rahman appeared to kick Myers between the legs in the 5th round, the fight was ruled a non contest and Rahman was fined an undisclosed amount.

Second Comeback
After a long layoff, Rahman resumed his career with a ten-round unanimous decision over Taurus Sykes June 14, 2007, at The Main Street Armory in Rochester, New York. Rahman then fought three times in three months defeating Dicky Ryan by second round TKO on September 7, 2007. Hasim followed up by stopping Cerrone Fox on October 18, 2007. On November 15, 2007, Rahman then scored a 10th round TKO for the NABF title against Zuri Lawrence. On July 16, 2008, Rahman was stopped by an accidental headbutt against James Toney. Toney was originally awarded a TKO victory as the referee declared Rahman had quit between rounds, nonetheless, the TKO victory was overturned and changed to a No Contest due to the headbutt.

Rahman lost to Wladimir Klitschko (TKO in the 7th round) on December 13, 2008, for his IBF, IBO and WBO titles in a fight some believe showed himself to be past his best.

In an interview dated February 26, 2009, with DreamFighters.com, Rahman expressed his interest in crossing over into mixed martial arts.

Bernard "The Executioner" Hopkins (born January 15, 1965, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania). He is best known for his ten year reign as Middleweight World Champion in which he defended his title a record 20 times. He is the oldest man to ever hold the Middleweight Championship in professional boxing. Now he lives in Delaware

Born to Bernard Hopkins Sr. and his wife Shirley. Bernard grew up in the Raymond Rosen projects in North Philadelphia, then moved to the Germantown neighborhood as a kid.

Hopkins turned to crime early in his life, by the age of thirteen he was mugging people and had been stabbed three times. At seventeen Hopkins was sentenced to 18 years in Graterford Prison for nine felonies. While in prison he witnessed rapes and the murder of another inmate in an argument over a pack of cigarettes, but also discovered his passion for boxing. After serving almost five years, Hopkins was released from prison and decided to use boxing as an escape from his previous life.

While leaving the prison for the final time, the warden told Hopkins that he'll "see [Hopkins] again when you wind up back here," to which Hopkins replied "I ain't ever coming back here." Since then, Hopkins has proudly boasted that he's stayed completely out of trouble, never even receiving a speeding ticket.

Professional Career
He immediately joined the professional boxing ranks as a light heavyweight, losing his debut on October 11, 1988, in Atlantic City, New Jersey to Clinton Mitchell. After a sixteen-month layoff, he resumed his career as a middleweight, winning a unanimous decision over Greg Paige on February 22, 1990.

Between February 1990 and September 1992, Hopkins scored 20 wins without a loss. He won 15 of those fights by knockout, 11 coming in the first round.

Roy Jones Jr.
His first chance at a World title came on May 22, 1993 in Washington, DC, against American great Roy Jones Jr. for the vacant IBF middleweight belt. Hopkins lost by unanimous decision in a tactical bout. However he retained his World ranking and defended his USBA belt three more times. During a November 7, 2008 interview on XM/Sirius' Opie & Anthony Show, he said that he's been trying for another fight with Jones Jr. but Jones has been dodging him saying that he already defeated Hopkins. Hopkins argues he has floored two guys that beat Jones and that he thinks he's earned the right for another fight. Hopkins says that his first big payday was the Jones Jr. fight. Hopkins' purse was $700,000 but after everyone got their hands into it, he only received $80,000 and after taxes, it was less than $50,000. He said he didn't know to ask the questions "how and why" but that all changed when he learned the truth of his purses in federal court.

Winning The IBF Middleweight Championship
Jones abandoned the middleweight ranks in 1994, and the IBF came again knocking at Hopkins's door on December 17 of that year, matching him with Segundo Mercado in Mercado's hometown of Quito, Ecuador. Mercado knocked Hopkins down twice before Hopkins rallied late and earned a draw. This remains the only time Hopkins has ever been knocked down. The fight was also contested in a bull ring and in the midst of the civil war of Ecuador. Hopkins was also not properly acclimated to the altitude of nearly 10,000 feet. The IBF called for an immediate rematch, and on April 29, 1995, Hopkins became a World champion with a seventh-round technical knockout victory in Landover, Maryland.

In his first title defence he defeated Steve Frank, whom he stopped in twenty-four seconds. By the end of 2000, he had defended the IBF title 12 times without a loss, while beating such standouts as John David Jackson, Glen Johnson (undefeated at the time and later went on to knock out Roy Jones Jr), Simon Brown, and Antwun Echols.

2001 Middleweight Unification Tournament
The arrival of multiple-division champion Félix Trinidad, a Welterweight into the middleweight ranks set off a series of unification fights between major titleholders. The fights involved in the tournament would be reigning IBF Middleweight Champion, Bernard Hopkins. WBC Middleweight Champion, Keith Holmes. WBA Middleweight Champion, William Joppy. The fourth contestant was former Welterweight & Light Middleweight World Champion and the undefeated Félix Trinidad.

Keith Holmes
On April 14, 2001, Hopkins won a unanimous decision over WBC champion Keith Holmes in New York City. Trinidad, however, knocked out Middleweight mainstay William Joppy in an impressive five rounds. This led to many to believe that Felix Trinidad was simply too much, too strong for Bernard Hopkins.

Felix Trinidad
Then, on September 29, WBA champion Trinidad challenged Hopkins for middleweight unification in Madison Square Garden. For the first time in many years, Hopkins was an underdog in the betting which led the confident Hopkins to place a $100,000 bet on himself to win the bout. During promotion for the bout, Bernard Hopkins caused huge controversy by throwing the Puerto Rico flag on the floor in press conferences in both New York and Puerto Rico, the latter conference leading to a riot in which Hopkins had to be run to safety from the angry mob. During the fight, Hopkins was on his way to a lopsided decision victory when in the 12th and final round he floored Trinidad and referee Steve Smoger called a halt to the fight after Trinidad's father entered the ring to stop the fight. It was the first loss of Trinidad's career, and made Hopkins the first undisputed World middleweight champion since Marvin Hagler in 1987. 'The Ring' magazine and the 'World Boxing Hall of Fame' named Hopkins as the 2001 Fighter of the Year.

Undisputed Middleweight Champion
He defended the undisputed title six times. Hopkins bested Carl Daniels on February 2, 2002, by tenth-round technical knockout; Morrade Hakkar on March 29, 2003, by eighth-round TKO; William Joppy on December 13, 2003, by unanimous decision; and Robert Allen on June 5, 2004, also by unanimous decision.

Oscar De La Hoya
In the highest paying fight of his career, Hopkins fought six-division titleholder Oscar de la Hoya, another welterweight for the undisputed middleweight championship on September 18, 2004, in Las Vegas. The fight was fought at a catchweight of 158 lbs, two pounds below the middleweight limit of 160 lbs.

Hopkins won the bout with a knockout in the ninth round with a left hook to the body and thus became the first boxer ever to unify the titles of all four major sanctioning bodies. At the time of the stoppage, Hopkins was ahead on two of the scorecards, while De La Hoya was ahead on the other scorecard.

In November 2004 de la Hoya invited Hopkins to join his boxing promotional firm, Golden Boy Promotions, as president of its new East Coast chapter.

Reaching Number 20 - Howard Eastman
Aged 40 years old, an age in which most boxers are retired, Bernard Hopkins reached the middleweight record of 20 title defences on February 19, 2005, against ranked #1 WBC Middleweight contender Howard Eastman, the European middleweight champion. Hopkins dominated the fight from start to finish winning 119-110, 117-111 & 116-112.

Hopkins vs Taylor
In his next fight on July 16, 2005, Hopkins lost his undisputed middleweight championship to Jermain Taylor via a split decision. Hopkins started slowly but came on strong over the second half of the fight. Many press row writers scored the fight for Hopkins. . Compubox round-by-round punch stats showed Taylor outscoring Hopkins 6-5-1.

On December 3, 2005, Hopkins lost his rematch against Jermain Taylor by unanimous decision. All three judges scored the fight 115-113 for Taylor. Compubox statistics indicated that Hopkins landed more overall punches and significantly more power shots over the course of the fight, however these statistics may not accurately reflect the judging as rounds are scored in isolation.

Moving Up To Light Heavyweight - Antonio Tarver
Following his two losses to Jermaine Taylor, Hopkins at 41 decided not to retire and made the decision to jump two weight divisions to face off against The Ring light heavyweight champion Antonio Tarver on June 10, 2006.

Going into the fight, Tarver was a 3-to-1 favourite and had been the first man ever to knock Roy Jones Jr. out, he also defeated Jones Jr. in the rematch with many now placing Tarver among the sports top competitors. He was constantly ranked in the P4P rankings. However, Bernard Hopkins picked up a lopsided unanimous decision, scoring 118-109 on all three judges scorecards.

Antonio Tarver also lost a $250,000 bet with Hopkins, after he failed to stop Hopkins in the first six rounds.

Return In 2007 - Winky Wright
On July 21, 2007, at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, Hopkins defended The Ring light heavyweight championship against former undisputed junior middleweight champion Winky Wright. During the weigh-in, Hopkins shoved Wright with an open-hand to the face, igniting a brawl between both fighters entourages. Hopkins was fined $200,000 for instigating the brawl. Hopkins struggled to figure out Wright in the early rounds, but began landing effective punches as the fight progressed.

An accidental head butt opened a nasty cut by Wright's left eye in the third round. Referee Robert Byrd warned Hopkins repeatedly for using his head, but he never deducted a point.

Hopkins looked fresh late in the bout, luring Wright in and snapping off combinations. In the final round, Hopkins wobbled Wright with a right hand as blood streaked down his cheek. Hopkins prevailed with a unanimous decision victory by scores of 117-111, 117-111 and 116-112.

Joe Calzaghe
On April 19, 2008, at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Hopkins lost The Ring light heavyweight championship to Joe Calzaghe, who was seven years Hopkins' junior, by split decision. Hopkins got off to a great start by knocking Calzaghe down with a straight right hand in the first round.

Hopkins mostly threw one punch at a time and often initiated clinches to prevent Calzaghe from punching in combinations.

Hitting and holding was prevelant, but Calzaghe slowly began to land quick flurries of short punches. In the end, judges Chuck Giampa (116-111) and Ted Gimza (115-112) scored the fight for Calzaghe, while judge Adalaide Byrd (114-113) scored the fight for Hopkins. After the fight, Hopkins was upset with the official decision and said that he was robbed of a clear points win. Hopkins said, "I just really feel like I took the guy to school. I feel like I made him fight my fight, not his. I wanted him to run into my shots. I think I made him do that, and I think I made it look pretty easy. I think I controlled the pace, and I controlled the fight."

Kelly Pavlik
On October 18, 2008, Hopkins met middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik in a non-title fight at a catch-weight of 170 lbs.

Fans and pundits alike felt that knockout king Kelly Pavlik would become the first man to knock Hopkins out. Pavlik was a 4-1 betting favourite heading into the contest. On the night of the fight, Hopkins turned back the clock to produce a performance he claimed to be the best of his career winning a unanimous decision (117-109, 119-106, 118-108) over the undefeated Pavlik. Hopkins prepared for this fight in the late summer heat at his second home, Danny Hawk's "World Famous" Normandy Gym in Miami Beach, FL.

During the Ricky Hatton vs Manny Pacquiao Media conferences before their fight on May 3, 2009, Bernard Hopkins stated he would be "interested" in a proposed fight with British super middleweight champion Carl Froch.

On December 2, 2009, Bernard Hopkins fought in his home city of Philadelphia for the first time since 2003 beating Enrique Ornelas via 12-round unanimous decision (120-109, 119-109 & 118-110) in what served as a tune-up bout for the 44-year old Hopkins who had not fought since his October 18, 2008 12-round upset victory over undisputed middleweight champion, Kelly Pavlik.

The bout was supposed to be a tune-up for a scheduled March 13, 2010 rematch with Roy Jones, Jr. The rematch was later postponed as a result of Jones, Jr. falling to a first round technical knockout loss to Australian, Danny Green.

Hopkins vs Jones II
Hopkins and old foe Roy Jones Jr. agreed to fight in a rematch on April 3, 2010 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. The two boxers fought again 17 years after their first bout in 1993. Hopkins defeated Jones by a unanimous decision in a 12-round bout marred by illegal blows and a skirmish at the end of the sixth round involving ring entourage, the referee and security guards. Judges Don Trella and Glenn Trowbridge scored it 117-110 for Hopkins, while Dave Moretti favored him 118-109. The Associated Press had it 119-108, scoring 11 of 12 rounds for Hopkins.

He then challenged WBA Heavyweight Champion David Haye who had successfully defended his title against John Ruiz.

Following Hopkins challenge, Haye ruled out the fight stating Bernard was only looking for a payday.

Hopkins later stated his intentions to fight Lucian Bute following Bute's third round technical knockout victory over Edison Miranda. Golden Boy Promotions also tried to approach retired boxer Joe Calzaghe for a potential rematch in 2010, but Calzaghe, who stated he no longer had the appetite, turned the offer down.

Hopkins vs Pascal I & II
At 45 years old, Hopkins fought WBC, IBO light heavyweight champion Jean Pascal on December 18, 2010 at the Colisée Pepsi in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. The bout ended in a majority draw decision. Judge Steve Morrow had it 114-112 for Hopkins, but was overruled by Claude Paquette (113-113) and Daniel Van de Wiele (114-114). Following the controversy of the fight, WBC chairman Jose Sulaiman sanctioned an immediate rematch.

Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins II
On May 21, 2011, at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada, Hopkins defeated Pascal by unanimous decision to capture the WBC, IBO, and The Ring Light Heavyweight belts. The official scores were 115–113, 116–112 and 115–114. With the win, Hopkins became the oldest man in the history of the sport to win a major World title, supplanting George Foreman, who had previously held the distinction after his knockout victory over Michael Moorer. Hopkins won at 46 years, 4 months, 6 days, while Foreman was 45 years, 10 months. After the bout, ESPN columnist Dan Rafael stated: "Bernard Hopkins already had lived several boxing lifetimes, but he was born yet again in Saturday's decision over Jean Pascal, becoming the oldest champion in history."

Hopkins vs Dawson I & II
Hopkins told the World of boxing that his next fight was going to be against former champion Chad Dawson. They fought on 15 October 2011. Hopkins lost via TKO for being unable to continue after injuring his shoulder when Dawson threw him off of his back.

After an investigation by the WBC following a protest filed by Oscar De La Hoya, the WBC ruled that Dawson intentionally fouled Hopkins and returned the belt to Hopkins. The Ring magazine also decided to continue to recognize Hopkins as their champion pending the California State Athletic Commission’s ruling on a protest filed on behalf of Hopkins.

Also on December 13, California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) has ruled that the decision will be overturned to a no-contest upon official review and the testimony of referee of the bout, Pat Russell.

A rematch with Dawson was set for April 28, 2012. Hopkins lost the bout via majority decision.

Morrade Hakkar (born January 19, 1972 in Besançon, France, a middleweight of Algerian descent who has held a number of regional championship belts during his 11-year professional career. He held the French national middleweight title twice (March 1997 to January 1998 and again from March 1999 to October 2000), the WBC International middleweight title (1997) and the European middleweight title 2002.

After knocking out previously undefeated Cristian Sanavia of Italy to capture the European middleweight belt on May 11, 2002, he became the mandatory challenger for undisputed World champion Bernard Hopkins. On March 29, 2003, the two men faced one another in Philadelphia, United States, with Hopkins winning by technical knockout in the eighth round. As of October 2008, Hakkar's career record is 36 wins and six losses, with 22 knockouts.