Ali vs Frazier A Thrilla in Manila Official Onsite Pennant

Ali vs Frazier A Thrilla in Manila Official Onsite Pennant

Official on-site pennant from the "Thrilla in Manila" October 1st 1975, Philippines. This item is in a beautiful removable frame for maximum protection & is in excellent condition.

Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier met for the third and final time in the historic "Thriller In Manila." Ali emerged victorious it what was clearly one of the great fights of the century when Joe Frazier could no longer continue.

Price: £ SOLD

Please view shipping amounts or please contact us for any other enquiries.

Shipping Amount:   £

Muhammad Ali was born in Louisville, Kentucky. 17th January 1942. Ali said he was “The Greatest” and to most he was. He was the first man in history to win the Heavyweight championship 3 times. In 1964 he demolished Liston to become Heavyweight champion and in the return fight, knocked out Liston in the first round. He was stripped of the title in 1967 for refusing to join the U.S Army. Following the first defeat of his career to Joe Frazier he regained his title with an incredible win over Foreman in Zaire. He defended his title 10 times before losing it to Leon Spinks whom he outpointed in the return match winning the title for the historic third time. It was arguably the greatest heavyweight boxing career of all time.

Joe Frazier was born in Beaufont, South Carolina. 12th January 1944. Frazier earned the nickname “Smokin” Joe by his perpetual motion two-fisted style of boxing. He became the World Heavyweight champion in the forced absence of Ali. Frazier beat Jimmy Ellis for the undisputed championship and the successfully defended against Ali. He then fought George Foreman as a “warm-up” fight for a return against Ali, but was down 5 times before being stopped in the second round. Frazier had 2 more fights against Ali and lost both times. He made a comeback in 1976 against Foreman but once again lost. Another comeback attempt in 1981 against “Jumbo” Cummings showed that “Smokin” Joe’s fire had finally gone out.